PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin Autoscrub Wash Mitt...

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
12-06-2012, 11:01 AM
These things looks awesome. I would still use it AFTER washing with a lubricant(not during wash, too much grit). The size alone will help cut down claying time significantly, but, $50?!?! WAY too much money, IMHO. :(

Nick McKees37
12-06-2012, 11:09 AM
These things looks awesome. I would still use it AFTER washing with a lubricant(not during wash, too much grit). The size alone will help cut down claying time significantly, but, $50?!?! WAY too much money, IMHO. :(

Mark,

First off, they are AWESOME! :righton:

You don't actually wash the vehicle with the Nanoskin Autoscrub Wash Mitt; you use it AFTER you remove all the dirt and grime with your regular mitt. It's actually a pretty ingenious design that saves a ton of time.

Considering what a time saver it is (not to mention you'll get dozes upon dozens of uses out of it), $49.99 isn't unreasonable. Plus, if you drop it on the ground, simply rinse it off.

:dblthumb2:

WRAPT C5Z06
12-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Mark,

You don't actually wash the vehicle with the Nanoskin Autoscrub Wash Mitt; you use it AFTER you remove all the dirt and grime with your regular mitt.

Interesting, I guess I mis-read. In the grand scheme of things, the time savor alone is probably worth the $50, even though these things probably cost $1.00 to make. :laughing:

Thanks Nick. :dblthumb2:

Audi X2
12-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Since I usually prefer to clay before drying the car after washing I imagine this would be just the ticket for me :xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
12-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Since I usually prefer to clay before drying the car after washing I imagine this would be just the ticket for me :xyxthumbs:
Yes, Buddy. I'm close to pulling the trigger on both grades.

Audi X2
12-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Yes, Buddy. I'm close to pulling the trigger on both grades.

When the next sale pops up this will be coming my way :props:

cpmatthew
12-06-2012, 11:27 AM
How does this compare to the Speedy Surface Prep Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/speedy-surface-prep-towel.html)? I realize that the Speedy Surface Prep Towel is used in a similar fashion to a clay bar. Would you use this with a clay lubricant like the Speedy Prep Towel or only with the Nanoskin Bubble Bath Wash & Shine?

Thanks,
N00b

TheCougarGuy
12-06-2012, 12:03 PM
How does this compare to the Speedy Surface Prep Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/speedy-surface-prep-towel.html)? I realize that the Speedy Surface Prep Towel is used in a similar fashion to a clay bar.

I recently picked up the surface prep towel (fine grade). I tried it on the hood of my T-Bird the other day. I did a 50/50 with my Griot's clay.

The towel did work much faster but it did mar the finish more than the clay (the clay didn't mar at all). I used plenty of DP Universal Clay Lubricant, probably more than normal since this was my first time using the towel and I didn't know what to expect.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-06-2012, 12:07 PM
How does this compare to the Speedy Surface Prep Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/speedy-surface-prep-towel.html)? I realize that the Speedy Surface Prep Towel is used in a similar fashion to a clay bar. Would you use this with a clay lubricant like the Speedy Prep Towel or only with the Nanoskin Bubble Bath Wash & Shine?

Thanks,
N00b
You don't have to constantly flip the mitt like the speedy prep towel. I like the fact the mitts are more rigid, too. I'm going with the wash mitt, no question! I'm 99% sure you can the mitt with a clay lubricant. Maybe Nick can clarify that?

WRAPT C5Z06
12-06-2012, 12:09 PM
The towel did work much faster but it did mar the finish more than the clay (the clay didn't mar at all).
That is kind of a bummer. I wonder if the mitt(fine grade) will do that, too?

TroyScherer
12-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Mark, Check this out first...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/58181-clay-replacement-problems.html

statusdetailing
12-06-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm going to switch to the mitt after I run out of clay. Probably in a month. Gary Dean has a good review on it. You can potentially get around 100 uses, so even at 50 bucks, it's not too bad. I like that they rinse out.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Mark, Check this out first...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/58181-clay-replacement-problems.html
Hmmmm, never heard of such a thing, Troy.

cpmatthew
12-06-2012, 01:14 PM
I recently picked up the surface prep towel (fine grade). I tried it on the hood of my T-Bird the other day. I did a 50/50 with my Griot's clay.

The towel did work much faster but it did mar the finish more than the clay (the clay didn't mar at all). I used plenty of DP Universal Clay Lubricant, probably more than normal since this was my first time using the towel and I didn't know what to expect.
Thanks. What did you end up doing to correct the marring?

TheCougarGuy
12-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks. What did you end up doing to correct the marring?

It wasn't that bad. I hit it with my Flex 3401 with 205 and an orange 5.5 LC flat pad and it cleaned right up.

It was overspray on my hood that I was removing. That could have been part of the issue as well.