PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the Day: Goof Off

goodasnew
12-05-2012, 07:30 PM
so many products out there for removing tar, sap, road paint, scuffs, etc.. but I have been using one for years, after much trial and error with various other products. Goof Off, for sale at most stores like walmart, lowes, home depot etc... comes in a yellow can with a red lid and comes in liquid or aerosol forms. bout $6 a can. anyway, this stuff literally takes off EVERYTHING. best tar remover I have ever seen. best road paint remover I have ever seen. Instantly removes paint marks being left behind from anything like shopping carts to big impact areas on bumpers to door dings that leave paint (the other cars paint) on the door of your car. this stuff takes it off like right now. BUT, it will dissolve any and all gloves I have ever used except heavy duty welders gloves. i have never had it hurt the actual paint, as long as you dont use it on anything like plastic painted moldings (like on chevy trucks) cause it will mess up the paint. but DO NOT TOUCH it on colored interior panels without doing a test spot first. it will leave a "white" spot. this stuff is amazing but do test it out on various surfaces first until you get used to it. and when you do, you will find a hundred uses for it. just another tip of the day. I will do these tips as often as I have time to get on here in the evenings.

Vegas Transplant
12-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I agree that it can be used safely in some instances.
Good advice in the warning given.

I get some use from these also...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/cts_034.JPG