PDA

View Full Version : Leather Master Cream

explorerlyon
12-04-2012, 07:13 PM
I bought Leather Master Cream. Applied it to my 10 Acura TL black leather. Not sure I like it. I applied the cream lightly with a sponge applicator and let it dry (as per instructions). It leaves the leather dull. I tried buffing it off after it dried, same result. The leather has much more of a matt finish and less grain then left naturaly. Other conditioners I have tried seem to "enhance" the leather a little. Leather Master Cream "dulled" the leather.

Thoughts?

Chris@AutoCleanse
12-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I bought Leather Master Cream. Applied it to my 10 Acura TL black leather. Not sure I like it. I applied the cream lightly with a sponge applicator and let it dry (as per instructions). It leaves the leather dull. I tried buffing it off after it dried, same result. The leather has much more of a matt finish and less grain then left naturaly. Other conditioners I have tried seem to "enhance" the leather a little. Leather Master Cream "dulled" the leather.

Thoughts?

Did you clean the leather thoroughly before applying the leather master cream?

explorerlyon
12-04-2012, 07:20 PM

Yes

FUNX650
12-04-2012, 07:55 PM

Yes

What did you clean the leather with?
(I use LM's: Leather Soft Cleaner)

LM has a:
Gloss Leather Protection Cream product...
if 'glossy-leather' is ones desire.

:)

Bob

Chris@AutoCleanse
12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Yes

I don't know then, sorry never used the product, maybe it protectants and leaves a matt or dull finish.

jfelbab
12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
I find that LM Protection Cream leaves my leather looking more like it did when I bought the car. Take a visit to the showroom and look at the new leather there. It is not shiny, rather it is matt, silky smooth and dry. This is how my leather looks after LM Protection Cream is applied. IMO, leather is not supposed to look glossy or greasy but if that is the look you are after then LM is probably not for you.

Many conditioner are oily, greasy or waxy and leave an artificial gloss on leather. This glossy film usually attracts dust and dirt. Conditioners don't offer protection against dye transfer either.

ShaunD
12-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Have you tried a second application? I just used the LM protection cream today on some black seats in a 2004 Vette, and they had a nice satin finish; even on the seat bottom that was dull and worn before treating.
What was your cleaning procedure?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

Chris@AutoCleanse
12-04-2012, 07:59 PM

Thoughts?
This should answer your question, it says it leaves it dull.
Very pleased with the results., November 08, 2012
Reviewer:
Ian
Just used this kit in combination with the leather vital to clean and protect the leather seating in my 2007 Tundra. Used the included scrub brush together with the cleaner and the amount of dirt and oil pulled from the seats was very surprising. Also like the protectant because it didn’t leave the seats shiny or overly slick. Seats are now back to the dull-natural looking leather finish they hadn’t seen since new 5 years ago.

explorerlyon
12-04-2012, 09:06 PM
What did you clean the leather with?
(I use LM's: Leather Soft Cleaner)

Have you tried a second application? I just used the LM protection cream today on some black seats in a 2004 Vette, and they had a nice satin finish; even on the seat bottom that was dull and worn before treating.
What was your cleaning procedure?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

I used Pinnacle APC diluted 5:1. Followed by a damp mf to clean off any excess cleaner. Waited about 15 minutes for the surface to completely dry. Did not try a second application. I will and report back.

This should answer your question, it says it leaves it dull.
Very pleased with the results., November 08, 2012
Reviewer:
Ian
Just used this kit in combination with the leather vital to clean and protect the leather seating in my 2007 Tundra. Used the included scrub brush together with the cleaner and the amount of dirt and oil pulled from the seats was very surprising. Also like the protectant because it didn’t leave the seats shiny or overly slick. Seats are now back to the dull-natural looking leather finish they hadn’t seen since new 5 years ago.

I do like a matt finish. It is just that with the cream applied, the surface went from dull to very dull. I do not like glossy or oily. I am very pleased with the FEEL of the leather afterwords. No oily or greasy at all. The feel is perfect. Just the look became more dull then expected. I though I did something wrong in the application.

A-train
12-04-2012, 11:34 PM
If you were to add the LM leather vital product after the soft cleaner that will add slightly more gloss once the protection creme is added. In my opinion this product offers the best protection, however if you want more of a shine you could Always go over with PERL or 303.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk