PDA

View Full Version : New Client - My Favorite Area of Detailing - 30 Million Dollar Jet!

Bates Detailing
12-04-2012, 12:17 AM
I LOVE detailing aircraft! Worked on this one tonight :dblthumb2:.....

jwgreen6
12-04-2012, 12:25 AM
When detailing mega-expensive airplanes like this one, did you get special insurance or attach a rider to an existing policy? I'm sure not many detailers carry or can afford $30 million coverage.

Bates Detailing
12-04-2012, 12:32 AM
When detailing mega-expensive airplanes like this one, did you get special insurance or attach a rider to an existing policy? I'm sure not many detailers carry or can afford $30 million coverage.

To be insured for aircraft of this caliber one needs around a 5,000,000 dollar plan - which runs around 1,000 a month give or take. We are insured for 2 mil but all aircraft clients we have on account know that I am very knowledgeable in detailing aircraft and have been detailing aircraft for over 14 years now. I used to be a partner in an aircraft detailing company that had 6 locations around the U.S. Hopefully we can get back into it hardcore and exceed that within the next couple of years with B & B.

c5errr
12-04-2012, 02:51 AM
WHAT products did u use on it

Billand
12-04-2012, 03:08 AM
Wow congrats on the new client. I hope your plans to expand work out.

Shortspark
12-04-2012, 03:48 AM
You got to be kidding me! And here I thought detailing my Mercedes SUV was a big chore!!

M64
12-04-2012, 05:09 AM
Properly Awesome!

Vegas Transplant
12-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Wow...amazing.
You seem to be precariously balanced in a three point position, mf under knee for ease of movement...it must be challenging to remove lsp on the downhill side of the wings curvature.

Mike Phillips
12-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Cool pictures...

Hope you are being properly rewarded...

:dblthumb2:

tuscarora dave
12-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Congratz on the new client and doing what you love to do!! And I thought some of my projects were big....:eek:

RTexasF
12-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Are specialized FAA approved products required?

Mfour
12-05-2012, 09:58 PM
that wing looks slippery but I know it is all shine. Good Job!

Bates Detailing
12-06-2012, 12:38 AM
WHAT products did u use on it

Granitize Aviation Products and the good ole ammonia free spray away :dblthumb2:

Wow congrats on the new client. I hope your plans to expand work out.

Thanks man!

You got to be kidding me! And here I thought detailing my Mercedes SUV was a big chore!!

LOL

Properly Awesome!

Thanks Man :props:

Wow...amazing.
You seem to be precariously balanced in a three point position, mf under knee for ease of movement...it must be challenging to remove lsp on the downhill side of the wings curvature.

Scary sometimes lol - especially at my weight now!

Cool pictures...

Hope you are being properly rewarded...

:dblthumb2:

Thanks Mike - we are :dblthumb2:

Congratz on the new client and doing what you love to do!! And I thought some of my projects were big....:eek:

LOL - yeah man, these birds can be a big project for sure - I still find them easier than cars though lol.

Are specialized FAA approved products required?

Yes and no - I prefer to use aviation approved products - but it is up to the client. I play it safe I guess.

that wing looks slippery but I know it is all shine. Good Job!

Thanks man - hoping to be able to polish the bright work soon.... has alot of water spots in it.

Hoytman
12-06-2012, 01:23 AM
You may have already thought of this Anthony, but just in case...you're up pretty high you know...

Go to Wal-Mart and go to the department where the kitchen table mats and such are. There you'll find rolls of see-thru mesh, rubbery type material that is used in cabinets to place your dishes on. They use a lot of it in motorhomes too. It really grips stuff real good.

Get several, or cut several, pieces of this material to place under foot, under your knee, or as a place to put your hand when you're up high on those wings. I can see that stuff really aiding you and keeping you from slipping. Best of all, it won't marr the finish and grips like glue.

Of course, you're probably already aware of what I'm refering to and probably already use it, or even have a better idea.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Bates Detailing
12-06-2012, 01:54 AM
You may have already thought of this Anthony, but just in case...you're up pretty high you know...

Go to Wal-Mart and go to the department where the kitchen table mats and such are. There you'll find rolls of see-thru mesh, rubbery type material that is used in cabinets to place your dishes on. They use a lot of it in motorhomes too. It really grips stuff real good.

Get several, or cut several, pieces of this material to place under foot, under your knee, or as a place to put your hand when you're up high on those wings. I can see that stuff really aiding you and keeping you from slipping. Best of all, it won't marr the finish and grips like glue.

Of course, you're probably already aware of what I'm refering to and probably already use it, or even have a better idea.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Every suggestion known or unknown is great man - thanks for sharing :dblthumb2: