PDA

View Full Version : washing MF rags

Cliffy
12-02-2012, 12:12 PM
How do you keep your MF rags clean and get the most use out of them?

checkmate
12-02-2012, 12:25 PM
I use the DP pad cleaner (powder) in a washing machine (cold water). Then dry them in the drier using no heat. They really come out clean and work add good or better than new. This may or may not be the best way but it works for me. Oh and what ever you do don't let any softener or heat get to them, it really messes them up. Hope this helps you

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AG Online

Bill220
12-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I hate to admit it but I wash mine in Era detergent or Simple Green, hit the rinse cycle again followed by a very low heat cycle in the drier.

Bunky
12-03-2012, 06:30 PM
I wash them using Blackfire microfiber cleaner.

But, calling them rags? Such a word for such fine and sometimes not a cheap product.

Johny B
12-03-2012, 06:46 PM
I wash them using Blackfire microfiber cleaner.

But, calling them rags? Such a word for such fine and sometimes not a cheap product.

Me 2

cartman57
12-03-2012, 06:56 PM
^
Me 3, just tried it out for the first time on my 'rags'.
It's some good stuff.

jjj
12-03-2012, 07:28 PM
free and clear liquid detergant in cold water and low heat in dryer. I am thinking of trying out the cg microfiber cleaner. But I have had NO issue with the free and clear. They are fluffy and have great static.

PingPong
12-03-2012, 07:32 PM
I use Chemical Guys microfiber wash on hot then dry on low heat. Towels come out really clean and plush.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AG Online

Eandras
12-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Normal HE laundry detergent with no additives. I also add a cup of white vinegar which helps breakdown the Chemicals. I also wash the microfiber towels on the hottest water setting with added rinses.

Put in dryeron medium heat. They come out great. I also use a pad conditioning brush and rub them on the towels to insure there is no containments on the towels. I do not use fabric softener at all.

Ed

:autowash: :buffing: