PDA

View Full Version : need input for hot water extractor

Pages : [1] 2

jackychai
12-01-2012, 08:15 PM
i am planning to buy a hot water extractor. but not sure the difference between the big guy (e.g. mytee lite II) and the great guy (e.g. mytee HP-100)

I assume the great guy has better suction and able to sustain more waste water before disposal.

but what else between them in terms of ease of use and other matters?

i know they weigh a lot different.

is the lite II good enough in most cases?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AG Online

esv5454
12-01-2012, 09:20 PM
The main difference between the two is the the size of the recovery tanks and the amount of water lift (amount of suction to pull the water back out of upholstery). The II has 3 gallon recovery and solution tanks and the HP-100 has 11 gallon tanks. The water lift on the II is 85 inches and 137 inches for the HP-100. The HP-100 has a three stage vac motor while the II has a two stage vac motor.

I recently purchased the Mytee Lite II and am completely satisfied with its performance. It heats the water up quickly and the upholstery dries quickly after extraction. The 3 gallon tanks are adequate but sometimes I will go through a few tanks depending on the condition of the car.

With that being said, it comes down to how much you are looking to spend. The HP-100 has significantly more water lift meaning it will extract more water faster and the upholstery will dry even quicker. I love my Mytee Lite II and it should suit your needs well. The only reason I would go with the HP-100 is if I was dealing with a significant volume of business. Let me know if I can be of any more help!

SuperiorAutoLLC
12-01-2012, 10:35 PM
You could meet in the middle and purchase the HP60. If you didn't know, the HP60 and the HP100 have the EXACT same guts...vac motors, pumps, heaters, etc.; the only difference is the solution and recovery tank sizes. 6 gallons for both on the HP60, 10 gallons for both on the HP100.

jackychai
12-02-2012, 03:32 AM
thanks both of u for the great info!!

my picture became more clear after ur input.

i don't deal with much interior. but it would be nice to have a great extractor. i want the steog suction power but don't want to pay the price. and i think the HP 60 is the way to go.
and my thought just align with u guys. i am not doing a lot of interior. and i am doing like a hobby. so the 100 is little too much. and maybe more effort is needed to just unload from the car.

thanks guys!!

jackychai
12-02-2012, 03:33 AM
thanks to both of u!!

SuperiorAutoLLC
12-02-2012, 08:45 AM
thanks both of u for the great info!!

my picture became more clear after ur input.

i don't deal with much interior. but it would be nice to have a great extractor. i want the steog suction power but don't want to pay the price. and i think the HP 60 is the way to go.
and my thought just align with u guys. i am not doing a lot of interior. and i am doing like a hobby. so the 100 is little too much. and maybe more effort is needed to just unload from the car.

thanks guys!!

You won't go wrong with the HP60, TRUST ME. It is one of the best thing I've every bought. Just be sure to spend some time shopping around for one.

primo spaghetti
12-02-2012, 08:47 AM
i was looking at this machine...plus i can sell it to my wife by showing her the home attachments...

problem is, i cant tell if is has a heater...

Carpet Spotter PS35ER - Powr-Flite (http://www.powr-flite.com/product/3.5+gallon+portable+spotter+with+floor+wand.do?)

g26er
12-02-2012, 09:43 AM
i was looking at this machine...plus i can sell it to my wife by showing her the home attachments...

problem is, i cant tell if is has a heater...

Carpet Spotter PS35ER - Powr-Flite (http://www.powr-flite.com/product/3.5+gallon+portable+spotter+with+floor+wand.do?)

No heater. You can use a bucket heater to heat the water first before you pour it in. I have this unit and it's pretty nice. If i wouldn't have gotten a great deal used... I would have been mad for not getting a mytee.

primo spaghetti
12-02-2012, 12:59 PM
thanks g26er. i was going to use hot water in it anyhow, but the selling feature for me is that it is half the price than a mytee...

im just unsure how much difference hot water put into the machine vs the temp of the water the machine will heat it to will make a huge difference...

extractors, im am no expert on...

jackychai
12-05-2012, 08:03 PM
i am pretty sure i will get the hp60.

what i need to do to maintain the machine? do i have to worry about the hard water problem?

statusdetailing
12-06-2012, 02:11 AM
I have hard water. Every so often I'll run CLR through my mytee. Sometimes I take my wand apart and soak the individual fittings, quick disconnects, and other parts in CLR. I've been using my extractor 4 or 5 days a week for the past year and a half and it's still going strong.

jackychai
12-06-2012, 02:59 AM
CLR is chlorine?

primo spaghetti
12-06-2012, 06:53 AM
it is calcium lime rust remover...

Jelmar | We Clean More Than You Think - Home (http://www.jelmar.com/CLRbasic.htm)

statusdetailing
12-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Yep, that's the product. You can buy it at Lowe's or Home depot. There may be somthing better out there, I've just never bothered to look, as it seems to work ok. I also fill my steamer up with water and let it sit over night with CLR every month or two. I don't use distilled water in my steamer, probably should, but it's a pain to buy that much distilled water. The CLR really cleans a lot of nasty stuff out of it.

jackychai
12-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Yep, that's the product. You can buy it at Lowe's or Home depot. There may be somthing better out there, I've just never bothered to look, as it seems to work ok. I also fill my steamer up with water and let it sit over night with CLR every month or two. I don't use distilled water in my steamer, probably should, but it's a pain to buy that much distilled water. The CLR really cleans a lot of nasty stuff out of it.

thanks for ur help. will be picking up the extractor this sat or coming Monday!!