PDA

View Full Version : Coin op before ONR

aalbs
12-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I've seen several people mention that during the winter they will hit the coin op to get the big stuff off of the car and then head home and do ONR In their garage. My question, dumb as it may be, is do you drive the car home wet or are you drying it in some fashion?

Crazy Diamond
12-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Not a dumb question at all, you will have to rewash when you get home if you're going to be claying, you would be surprised how much grime you can pick from driving just a few miles. Best of luck and shine on.

Chris's FX4
12-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I drive it home wet, only have less than a mile to go.

I don't see how you could be drying it before doing the ONR at home other than by a touchless method, like air.

richy
12-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Drive it home, put it in the garage and let the ice melt off it before ONR. I am so NOT looking forward to that crap!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swanicyouth
12-02-2012, 08:49 AM
A lot of times in the winter I just bring all my stuff and do it there in their bay. At the place I go, the front bay door closes to keep warm. Also, once it reaches 55 degrees; nobody will bother you for using the bay either, but, everyone will look at you like you are crazy for "hand" washing your car in the cold.

I did this 2 days ago and it was about 50 degrees. The only other people who were there where a couple of kids with a thumpy-thump radio in there car. Why do these kind of people have to turn the radio up so loud when they vacuum their cars and leave every door open?

vet
12-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Not a dumb question at all. Sometimes I dry it at the coin op, other times I drive it home. Depends on how cold, how busy, whether the street is wet/dry, etc. If the underside is really cruddy, I'll take it through the touchless automatic for the under-wash, then it gets blow dried (almost).

SON1C
12-02-2012, 10:16 AM
i wish there was a good coin op in my area

Eandras
12-02-2012, 10:17 AM
:iagree: I will wash in the bay as well as dry. I feel if you leave it wet it will pick up grime and possibly pick up more containiments and make the next part even more time consuming.

I usually will go,when the bays are not busy and can take my time. The owner doesn't complain as I go there and not interfere with other customers.

Ed

:autowash: :buffing:

Bill220
12-02-2012, 02:34 PM
I drive it home wet, only have less than a mile to go.

I don't see how you could be drying it before doing the ONR at home other than by a touchless method, like air.

Same here.

Drive it home, put it in the garage and let the ice melt off it before ONR. I am so NOT looking forward to that crap!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^Me too. I have yet to winterize my wife's car. Mine won't move out of the garage unless it's sunny and dry with no crap on the roads. Guess I better get to it.........

Ryry11
12-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Same here.

^Me too. I have yet to winterize my wife's car. Mine won't move out of the garage unless it's sunny and dry with no crap on the roads. Guess I better get to it.........

Lol yup, that's how mine is, thus I have no garage space to do a rinseless in the garage, mine are all done outside :(

aalbs
12-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the input guys!

Sunshyne
12-03-2012, 09:21 AM
i wish there was a good coin op in my area

there is one self server in Sterling that I use time to time.