PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp lsp?

Qusai
12-01-2012, 04:47 PM
I really didnt want to hijack dudes thread so i started my own. I just wanted to know if my headlights would benefit from uv protection of any paint sealant. Honestly, i dont care about having to reapply a paint sealant on my headlights every month or so because thats just fine with me. Thank you

RMM
12-01-2012, 04:59 PM
You should.
The UV inhibitors present in the headlights are going to be consumed over time and the yellowing effect will begin to appear.
So, to prevent this, you should use regularly a selant with UV properties.

Eddie 70
12-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Any LSP with UV inhibitors would be okay to use?

davidc
12-01-2012, 05:24 PM
I just started using this so I can't really give any reports but paint sealant was not really working on headlights.
Wolfgang Plastik Surface Sealant forms a clear barrier over your plastic lenses to shield them from contamination and UV rays. (http://www.autogeek.net/plastik-surface-sealant.html)

Dave

BillyJack
12-01-2012, 06:33 PM
After sanding and polishing the lights on my DD, I used Opti Coat for its durability. If I had no OC available, I would have used Collinite 845 or 476, again based on their track record of durability.
Last year I did an OC vs 845 review for the Optimum forum, doing one headlight with each on the same car. It took 10 months, including a PA winter, before there was a noticeable difference. I still like the OC better, but as I said earlier, don't be afraid to use a good sealant if you're going to maintain them on a regular basis.

Bill

PA DETAILER
12-01-2012, 06:49 PM
i have mine sealed with blackfire crystal seal.