PDA

View Full Version : how does this sound for a plan of attack

chris.ganucheau
12-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Ok im going to be doing a complete detail on my car after finals week. My car is a 2011 Nissan Altima Coupe in Dark Slate Metallic. This is my plan of attack unless you all tell me differently. My car has minor swirls.

Wash: dawn soap to strip old LSP's
Clay: CG Luber and Fine Clay
IRONx
If m205 on a orange pad doesn't cut it i will move to m105
I want to add as much gloss as possible, would po85rd after the m205 add more gloss?
Then I was going to use Blacklight
Then top with Fuzion
Finish with v7.

I have a PC7424XP
2 5.5 LC Flat Pad Orange
2 5.5 LC Flat Pad White
1 5.5 LC Flat Pad Black
1 5.5 LC Flat Pad Blue

What pad would you recommend with each step?

Like when I got to start out I was going to use m205 with a white pad an then if that didn't work step up to a orange pad if that works step back down to a white pad or go to the po85rd with the white pad. Of course if the m205 didn't work I would step up to the m105 with a white pad. I don't think I will need the m105 on my car though.

Feed back pleaseFeed back pleaseFeed back pleaseFeed back please

Thanks!

mwoolfso
12-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Looks OK!!!! Some tidbits....

IronX before clay will be more productive; especially when considering you want to increase the longevity of the clay.

M205 and PO85RD are very close. I doubt you will need both but you can always try it on a test spot to compare an M205 section with an M205/PO85RD section. Start off with a White pad and move up to an Orange if not satisfied for the correction stage and then move to White or Black for the finishing polish.

If you do go with M205 then add an IPA wipedown after polishing.

V7 over Fuzion is a little odd but not terribly odd. Why hide the $175 wax under any CG product? Use a Blue pad for Blacklight and V7.

chris.ganucheau
12-01-2012, 02:53 PM
V7 is like a quick detailer, blackligjt an v7 produce amazing results so I've heard. An everyone tells me fuzion after blackligjt before v7 will look amazing.

Bunky
12-02-2012, 06:29 AM
If the LC white/M205 does not work, I would go to M105 or medium polish rather than LC orange/M205 combo. It should finish better.

The need for PO85RD depends on the finish with M105. It never hurts to have it around just in case.