PDA

View Full Version : can i use a sealer over XMT instead of XMT's glaze?

Pages : [1] 2

Conor
04-27-2007, 01:25 AM
something like wolfgang or z-cs or opti seal?

or is that a nono

it just seems these wipe on wipe off products are easier? maybe it just sounds that way

scottgt
04-27-2007, 01:39 AM
well xmt glaze is a wowo

Conor
04-27-2007, 01:50 AM
so the glaze looks much better?

i forgot to mention this is on my Silverstone S2000

sparkie
04-27-2007, 01:51 AM
something like wolfgang or z-cs or opti seal?

or is that a nono

it just seems these wipe on wipe off products are easier? maybe it just sounds that way
It's my understanding you can top OS. I haven't used mine yet.

scottgt
04-27-2007, 02:03 AM
they have to diffrent looks...im thinking the OS will prob shine a little more

Conor
04-27-2007, 02:15 AM
so i can do in this order?

XMT swirl remover 2
XMT swirl remover 1
OS
XMT Finishing glaze?

sparkie
04-27-2007, 02:30 AM
so i can do in this order?

XMT swirl remover 2
XMT swirl remover 1
OS
XMT Finishing glaze?
XMTFG has a cleaner in it. It might remove some OS.

Mike T
04-27-2007, 08:13 AM
I would try topping the the XMT glaze with OS. I bet you'll be quiet pleased.

D
04-27-2007, 08:15 AM
You might not need XMT 1 after XMT 2. And I wouldnt glaze after OS, just go to a wax.

bambo2888
04-27-2007, 08:39 AM
You CAN use a sealant over the XMT instead of the glaze. You can't however, put a sealant over XMT glaze because the glaze has carnauba in it, which will not let any sealant bond to it. You will end up applying and wiping it all off, wasting the sealant.

If you want to use a glaze, use the WG Finishing Glaze because it does not contain any carnauba. Then, you can top that glaze with any sealant and then any wax. This is your best choice for protection, longevity, and looks.

Also, you can't glaze over a sealant. The glaze is meant to stick to the bare, cleansed clearcoat, not to a synthetic sealant or carnauba wax.

Mike T
04-27-2007, 08:59 AM
You CAN use a sealant over the XMT instead of the glaze. You can't however, put a sealant over XMT glaze because the glaze has carnauba in it, which will not let any sealant bond to it. You will end up applying and wiping it all off, wasting the sealant.

If you want to use a glaze, use the WG Finishing Glaze because it does not contain any carnauba. Then, you can top that glaze with any sealant and then any wax. This is your best choice for protection, longevity, and looks.

Also, you can't glaze over a sealant. The glaze is meant to stick to the bare, cleansed clearcoat, not to a synthetic sealant or carnauba wax.
True, but it seems you can apply OS over a nuba.

bambo2888
04-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Maybe the case with OS, but i doubt it. As far as i know, nothing is going to stick to a nuba, except more nuba.

keep in mind i have never used OS though.

tod071
04-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I've asked the question before too. And from what I've learned, its either or, glaze or sealant. Then, top with nuba if you want.

Conor
04-27-2007, 05:11 PM
does the xmt glaze protect the finish? i know sealants do.....sorry for all the noob questions.

bambo2888
04-27-2007, 06:29 PM
tod071- generally you are correct. however, both the DP and the WG finishing glazes can be used with a sealant, and subsequently a wax also. this is because these two glazes have no carnauba in them.

conor- xmt glaze does protect to a slight extent, with a very light coat of carnauba. this coat NEEDS to be followed up with another coat of wax, preferably high in carnauba.