PDA

View Full Version : Foreal...?

Pages : [1] 2

Qusai
12-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Im detailing a panel last night, when all of a sudden, a few family members creep up on me while I was fixated on this isolated scratch buffing off wax. It was in the garage at night while garage door was open, and they all soon started to lounge in my work area..i just wasnt feeling right...LOL.... stupid part about this whole story was that my uncle seemed to be the most intrigued by my work when it came to the looks of that black paint. For a second, I thought that my uncle wouldn't think I was some nut for being so crazy about the paint.. Right after he compliments the hell out of my car and walks around it, GUESS WHAT HE DOES...? LOL first he smears dirt off a panel I wasn't working on with his finger telling me I missed a spot then this guy stood in the most comfortable position known to man, and just leaned back against my car as if it was just the cool thing to do! damn Joe!! The way I watched him lean on my car, I swear to God it was in the slowest of any motion I've ever witnessed. Well turns out that I am a nut in his eyes. I didnt even tell him anything, just silently waited for hhim to get off after rubbing his blue jeans on the paint. I love my uncle and all but I won't look at him the same way. I would have been so much more satisfied if he didnt say a single thing about the car, and scratched the hell out of it right after! I never thought id be posting a story like this Damn!!!! LOL

BobbyG
12-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Great story! :props:

Your story exemplifies 90% of car owners.

Most owners aren't aware that carefully wiping dust from a panel actually imparts scratches and like defects...
Most owners feel the local drive through Carwash & Wax do a thorough and quality job at keeping their cars and trucks looking good and protected..

cartman57
12-01-2012, 10:36 AM
^ too funny. And in your eyes, he's the nut!

Ray@Autogeek
12-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Leaning on or touching someone else's ride is a no-no and an unwritten rule. But I do feel your pain. My friends like to hop on my bike and when they feel my soft slick finish they always end up rubbing my tank >.<

RedXray
12-01-2012, 11:18 AM
I know that stressful feeling all to well as an auto painter. After all the hard work sanding, blocking, masking, spraying etc. The first thing most customers do is rub the fresh un-cured finish. "It sure is shiny" they say with a smile on their face. There's something about shiny cars that attract human fingers like a lightbulb attracts a moth! :bash:

y8s
12-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Did you politely ask him not to touch your car and that he respect the amount of work you put into it?

Johny B
12-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Did you politely ask him not to touch your car and that he respect the amount of work you put into it?

+1

Qusai
12-01-2012, 01:50 PM

.No i didnt do that lol, so maybe i deserved it huh? I let my guard down after hearing what he had to say about my car! LOL seemed like he wholeheartedly respected the work i put into the paint from what came out of his mouth. Those actions of his were what i least expected man.

Setec Astronomy
12-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I don't expect people to understand us...but as you noted, it's really confusing when someone seems to understand and then leans/sits on the car...

Qusai
12-01-2012, 01:55 PM
I know that stressful feeling all to well as an auto painter. After all the hard work sanding, blocking, masking, spraying etc. The first thing most customers do is rub the fresh un-cured finish. "It sure is shiny" they say with a smile on their face. There's something about shiny cars that attract human fingers like a lightbulb attracts a moth! :bash:

LOL too funny "smile on their face" what you gonna do right?, i would be too angry though man, all i have to do is put pad and polish to correct the paint. Must be more frustrating to fix that problem with the smearing of uncured paint

Qusai
12-01-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't expect people to understand us...but as you noted, it's really confusing when someone seems to understand and then leans/sits on the car...

That's where I was in the wrong, I should start thinking that way

Chris's FX4
12-01-2012, 05:24 PM
I love hearing story like this, even though they are quite sad.

My neighbor always insist on leaning his arm on my trucks fender or quarter panel while smoking a cig while we talk to him in the driveway. I just stare at him till he says what and then I look at his arm. Then he looks and goes oh, sorry.:dunno:

Nice guy otherwise.

psnt1ol
12-01-2012, 06:01 PM
I think all of us here are very sensitive to vehicle finishes... be that of a customers car or our own. That's why we are in a forum such as this.

Here is my story.

I was in my parents house with my daughter this past Thanksgiving. I was having a conversation with another family member in the drive way. My elderly father came home and since the garage door was open, he went into the house through the garage. As he was making his way to the garage, he used my car as a brace so needless to say.... I had palm prints from one end of the car to the other.

My daughter saw this and said " You would kill me if I ever do this to your car". I responded with " This is a man who worked 6 0 hrs a week for over 20 yrs to raise me. He can do whatever he likes."

Deep down it bothers me but he can have a free pass anytime he wants.:xyxthumbs:

Crazy Diamond
12-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Same thing happened to me at the Toyota dealer last week, as you can do is just be polite and ask people not to lean on your car. Here's something my grand father used to say.....don't run your fingers over my car and I won't run my car over your fingers.

Eddie 70
12-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Same thing happened to me at the Toyota dealer last week, as you can do is just be polite and ask people not to lean on your car. Here's something my grand father used to say.....don't run your fingers over my car and I won't run my car over your fingers.

Awesome quote there from your grandfather. I had my car in a show and had the doors cracked open. A man came up to the car and opened the door up and put his small son in the seat. I almost fell over. Doors are never left open now!!