PDA

View Full Version : Fk 425

DiPaoro
11-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Received my order from the weekend and 1 gallon of FK 425.

Do you every thin out with distilled water?

Relating to the MF towels, how well does the 530 match up to this product?

Just got these as well from the BOGO.

Thanks!

DiPaoro
11-30-2012, 06:22 PM
I am on a bus heading home from NYC.....

Found this response....

You can drink half a bottle of dark beer and then top it off with water and have another "full bottle" but, it sure won't taste the same.......

I wouldn't expect the results to be the same either with non-concentrates.........

SonOfOC
11-30-2012, 06:34 PM
FK425 works best the way it is. Excellent shine as a QD and also a good drying aide.

Longer nap towels in the 400+GSM range will work well with FK425.

TroyScherer
11-30-2012, 06:34 PM
FK425 is make to be used straight.

But I have heard of some diluting it 50/50 with distilled water if they were getting streaking on dark colored cars. But if you do that the cleaning ability will be diminished and I would then only use it as a post wash wipe down.

Link to my review: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/50178-product-review-finish-kare-425-extra-slick-final-body-shine.html

andrew b
11-30-2012, 07:56 PM
FK425 is make to be used straight.

But I have heard of some diluting it 50/50 with distilled water if they were getting streaking on dark colored cars. But if you do that the cleaning ability will be diminished and I would then only use it as a post wash wipe down.

Thsi is correct - the folks on the tech line at AG suggested a 50-50 mix to reduce my streaking problem (it helped). When I used it as a drying aid, though, I used it straight with no problem.

And it streaked on one car and not the other, never did figure out the exact issue. But loved the slick finish it leaves!

DiPaoro
11-30-2012, 08:53 PM
I will be working on the car tomorrow. Going full 100% product...after some paint correction...wash....n dry....with the new guzzlers.

ScottB
11-30-2012, 09:13 PM
I use it full strength without issue even on blacks ...

IID
11-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Never had a issue with FK425 on ANY color steaking,but I always follow up my initial wipe with a second. :dunno:

DiPaoro
12-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I used the FK 425 matched with the Woobies. Very happy with the results. However, I also tried my free sample of WG Spritz Seal... really liked this stuff over a freshly buffed second application of WG 3.0.

KBsToy
12-04-2012, 09:29 AM

:dblthumb2:

VISITOR
12-04-2012, 04:09 PM
i never diluted fk425 in the many years i've used it (been through a few gallons) and the key is not use too much (i know some like to be trigger happy) and making sure the mf towel you're using doesn't get saturated...

andrew b
12-04-2012, 05:09 PM

Never had a issue with FK425 on ANY color steaking,but I always follow up my initial wipe with a second. :dunno:

I used the FK 425 matched with the Woobies. Very happy with the results. However, I also tried my free sample of WG Spritz Seal... really liked this stuff over a freshly buffed second application of WG 3.0.

from what the folks on the AG hotline told me, the streaking is a rare but known occurance. Only happens with some finishes. For me, it was on Monaco Blue metallic paint that had WGDGPS topped with SSII.

It wasn't an amount issue, it would happen even if I lightly misted a good MF and wiped. It was like it flashed immediately with the first wipe, and those spots wouldn't buff out. Left dark streaks. The dillution did help, but didn't completely eliminate it.

It wasn't a temperature issue - would happen when the car was warm or cold, in the garage or out. Anywhere between 50 and 80 degrees. I suspect it may have been a combination of the surface and the humidity. It was that random. who knows, maybe I got a batch that had too much polymer boost in it :)

But I am pretty sure mine was a rare occurance, as it didn't happen 1) all the time, 2) on my other (Black Obsidian) SUV, or 3) on 2 other vehicles I detailed, or 4) consistently under any one situation (i.e. application method, temp, amount, etc).

It was just really frustrating because I liked the finish the product leaves so well, I kept trying to use it and then would have to rewash the areas if it did happen. At times, before I called AG, I was very tempted to throw the still-almost-full gallon into the trash and be done with it.

So I'm not knocking FK425 - just be aware that it can do this, and if it does, try dilution. Odds are you won't need to, based on the thread where I was looking for help. But some folks have had the same problem with it I did.

KBsToy
12-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Been using FK 425 for a while. The trick I found it just spray a light mist then use your towel to wipe off.

DiPaoro
12-05-2012, 08:50 AM
I have used briefly and much like Zaino Z-6, best to go with less.

So far so good....but I plan to do the entire car on Sat.

Fingers crossed.