PDA

View Full Version : Video of Scratch-X performance - may need more aggressive

deeman
11-30-2012, 04:36 PM
I just purchased the Harbor Freight DA polisher. I always feel guilty and dirty when I leave there - like leaving a brothel.....you know it just aint right:bash:

Anyhow, it's a pretty nice and sturdy unit. I just purchased a 09' black Ford Focus and the paint has a ton of fine scratches. I thought I would try the DA on a test area to see how it would do. I did rush the experiment and did not clay the area. I will certainly do that, but it's cold and rainy right now and I was like a 5 year old waiting to try the new DA out.....it's my first one.

I made a video that is pretty self explanatory.
Meguiars Scratch X improvements on a black Ford Focus - Done with Dual Action Polisher - YouTube (http://youtu.be/mVTGFMzLU_4)
My question going forward is, should I do anohter 2-3 apps of Scratch-X or go to a slightly more aggressive compound like Ultimate Compound. There are still some stray slightly deeper scratches remaining.

Thank you!

Mike

CM8 6MT
11-30-2012, 07:29 PM
I always feel guilty and dirty when I leave there - like leaving a brothel...

Yeahhhh I dont know about all that, cant really relate there bud.

I use Scratch X for spot treatments. There are better alternatives for what your trying to achieve from Megs. Always start with the least abrasive product and go from there.

deeman
12-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Yeahhhh I dont know about all that, cant really relate there bud.

I use Scratch X for spot treatments. There are better alternatives for what your trying to achieve from Megs. Always start with the least abrasive product and go from there.

It was a joke, never had the need to go to one. More of a funny comparison.:xyxthumbs: