PDA

View Full Version : Small LC Pads.

MarkD51
11-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Firstly Mike, and folks, I have the PC7424XP, and have both the 5", and 3" LC Yellow Urethane Backing Plates.

I have an assortment of both 5.5" LC Pads (all low profile 7/8" Flat Pads) and also an assortment of 4" CCS, and Hydro Tech Pads.

One thing I wished these smaller 4" Pads would have, is a beveled edge, they do not, and I'm not sure of ever seeing any of the LC 4" Pads with a beveled-curved edge?

I'm thinking the bevel might hold an advantage in tight spots, ridges, dips, etc?

I believe I see LC 3" Pads with a Beveled Edge, no doubt more specifically designed for the little Griot's machine.

Would I be cutting it too close using these smaller 3" Pads on a 3" Backing Plate?

Does anyone here do this? Is it wise? Thanks, Mark

MarkD51
11-30-2012, 02:42 PM
A follow up, and my mistake, I just measured, I have a 3.5" LC Backing Plate, not a 3".

So, with that said, the only 4" Pads I'm seeing that I can use, that have what looks to be a beveled edge, are the Meguiars 4"Foam Pads? Is this correct? Reckon there should be no problem with these on the 3.5" Plate.

crxman2010
11-30-2012, 03:21 PM
There are LC 4" HydroTechs that I currently use and I have heard that 4" LC Flats exists just never seen them.

If it doesn't need to be foam, Optimum has 4.25" MF pad available that should work nicely with that backing plate.