PDA

View Full Version : Machine washing pads

darksparkz
04-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Can I just toss my Edge 2k pads all into the washer together? Set it on hot/cold with some liquid detergent and some XMT pad cleaner on it.

Can I also toss both my wheel and washing SHmitts in there as well?

I still soak all the above in hot water for about 10 minutes with dawn before putting them into the washer though.

Rsurfer
04-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Can I just toss my Edge 2k pads all into the washer together? Set it on hot/cold with some liquid detergent and some XMT pad cleaner on it.

Can I also toss both my wheel and washing SHmitts in there as well?

I still soak all the above in hot water for about 10 minutes with dawn before putting them into the washer though.

I would not mix the pads with the shmitts because of cross contamination. Also I don't know how well the glue holding the pads would hold up in a washing machine.

orngez
04-26-2007, 11:15 PM
people have had plenty of success machine washing their pads...just use cold water only...also do not throw the wash mitts into the mix...first off the wheel mitt is just going to gunk everything up...and the trace amount of dirt on you wash mitt will contaminate your pads as well...the schmitts are designed to just be hosed off and if you have xmt pad cleaner just spritz your pads down and spray them off with a hose...spin them on your machine and you are done...some people fear that the backing material will delaminate if left soaking and tumbling around in water...these pads are designed to spin at 3000 rpms for extended periods of time...i dont think a washing machine will be the end for them...

D
04-26-2007, 11:19 PM
I think the washing machine will be fine, but dont use hot water. I would let my Meguiars pads soak in hot water and the velcro would start to come off.

David Fermani
04-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Will any of the pad companies warranty their pad if it gets washed in a machine? I don't think they recommend/endorse doing this, do they?