PDA

View Full Version : AG foam gun vs foam cannon...my experience

Pages : [1] 2

Success
11-29-2012, 10:22 PM
I recently got both. I had bought the foam gun and then came across a really really god deal in a 1800 psi elec pw so I then bought a foam cannon. I used DP extreme foam soap in each. I found there to be little difference in the foam consistency. To me, the gun is easier to use; less setup and time. However, I do like using the pw bc after foaming the car it's nice to have to power of the pressure to clean the bugs off the grill and windshield, spray the wheels/wheel wells. So I don't know what I like better. But they are both equally effective.

vman
11-29-2012, 10:48 PM
I agree. I use a foam cannon so that there's more lubrication on the paint before I put my mitt on it rather than just water alone. Some say that foaming the car lifts the dirt off the surface but I don't really buy into that. Both are good options and only depend on what equipment you have/want to use.

Andr3wilson
11-29-2012, 11:27 PM
I agree. I use a foam cannon so that there's more lubrication on the paint before I put my mitt on it rather than just water alone. Some say that foaming the car lifts the dirt off the surface but I don't really buy into that. Both are good options and only depend on what equipment you have/want to use.

You'd be surprised how true it is. Especially if the car is dusty. I parked my previous Infiniti; with its stupid super soft CC in a car park undergoing maintenance. Cement dust all over it, foamed it down and rinsed, clean as a whistle. Getting a matte/satin finished car, foam gun/cannon is the only way to go.

Your foam consistency comes down to how much soap there is in the gun/cannon. I find CG honeydew and Mr. Pink work terrific in a cannon. While other soaps including Xtreme foam work better in the gun. I use both with a quick release attachment the handle and the pressure washer.

Overall, cannon is good at dense foam, gun is good at water, bubbly foam

psynx
11-30-2012, 12:02 AM
You'd be surprised how true it is. Especially if the car is dusty. I parked my previous Infiniti; with its stupid super soft CC in a car park undergoing maintenance. Cement dust all over it, foamed it down and rinsed, clean as a whistle. Getting a matte/satin finished car, foam gun/cannon is the only way to go.

Your foam consistency comes down to how much soap there is in the gun/cannon. I find CG honeydew and Mr. Pink work terrific in a cannon. While other soaps including Xtreme foam work better in the gun. I use both with a quick release attachment the handle and the pressure washer.

:iagree: i also use honey dew from CG i love it and super suds is pretty good from them. Megs hyper wash is ok, but it was my first purchase before i got introduced into CG

1oldsalt
11-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Just goes to show you that there are many variables with these foam cannons. I have used Honey Dew, Optimum Car Wash and Hyper Wash. Optimum and Megs both produce wicked thick foam and were both better than CG. I might give DG 902 a try at my next purchase.

For me there is a huge difference between using and not using a cannon. I live next to a horse trail and have eucalyptus trees all around me so dust and junk blowing off the trees is a constant problem. I foam, rinse then 2 mitt 2 bucket wash. Rarely do I have anything in the bottom of my buckets afterwards.

vman
11-30-2012, 12:52 AM

Without a mitt to agitate? If it was a light dust thats one thing but what about caked on dust or a car that just got rained on?

SON1C
11-30-2012, 09:57 AM
If the foam between a foam gun and foam cannon are similar you're using the cannon all wrong lol
Foam cannon foam blows away foam gun foam
However they're both great to have, better for different situations and time etc

Success
11-30-2012, 11:10 AM
That's what I thought. I gave a 1800 psi, 1.4 gph elec pw and its not impressive. It foams nicely but not thick like on some videos I've seen. I've tried up to 4oz/32oz container.

Lim3
12-11-2012, 01:20 AM
That's what I thought. I gave a 1800 psi, 1.4 gph elec pw and its not impressive. It foams nicely but not thick like on some videos I've seen. I've tried up to 4oz/32oz container.

it could be your GPM that is causing the problem of low foam. i can have a super washer with great psi but thats nothing if the GPM is 1.0.

ihaveacamaro
12-11-2012, 02:04 AM

my pw has lower specs than yours, 1500 psi 1.2 gpm and this is what I get:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL0pjwyNPUw]Foam Cannon - 2010 Camaro - YouTube[/video]

ihaveacamaro
12-11-2012, 02:05 AM
btw welcome to AG lim3

Lim3
12-11-2012, 02:10 AM
btw welcome to AG lim3
'thanks man. btw your foam set up it great. what soap and cannon did you use again ?

ihaveacamaro
12-11-2012, 02:18 AM
'thanks man. btw your foam set up it great. what soap and cannon did you use again ?

MTM Hydro.

That video was CG Wash N Gloss at 10 oz per gallon, but I get better now with my Maxisuds at 10 oz per gallon.

If I remember correctly, you had a 3xxx PSI washer. That will make AMAZING foam with the right soap. I know I've said this over and over but I'll tell you again, Maxisuds is awesome ;)

VISITOR
12-11-2012, 03:23 AM
i have both the foam cannon and foam gun, if i had to choose one it would be the foam gun. i like being able to use it as a pre-soak and while washing, using it only as a pre-soak is a waste and not utilizing it to it's fullest potential...

Lim3
12-11-2012, 07:24 AM
MTM Hydro.

That video was CG Wash N Gloss at 10 oz per gallon, but I get better now with my Maxisuds at 10 oz per gallon.

If I remember correctly, you had a 3xxx PSI washer. That will make AMAZING foam with the right soap. I know I've said this over and over but I'll tell you again, Maxisuds is awesome ;)

Oh damn, I forgot you mentioned maxi suds. For your dilution you say 10oz per gallon. So with your dilution, I would put 2.5-3 oz of soap in the 32oz cannon canister ?