PDA

View Full Version : Tornador Black

kirkatizer
11-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Saw this product last night in the forums and I was amazed at the potential this tool had for detailing.

My main question is I have a 155psi 3Gallon Husky compressor. I know this system needs between 60-90psi. I don't think my 3 Gallon would be enough to keep up, I know it can. I just dont want my compressor turning on every 5 seconds. Maybe upgrade to a 5-6 Gallon?

Also for those detailers familiar with this product should I go ahead and order any replacement parts with my order so I have them if something goes wrong?

Thanks in advance!

UltimateDetail
11-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Well, I got the basic tornador, and if I go under the recommended psi, things go awry. So I would say make sure your compressor can maintain the minimum psi consistently.. As for replacement parts... On the first use, I tried to tighten the solution container, and the plastic cap stripped for the gun. Also, I would get a backup nozzle and the hose piece in the nozzle. Because dirt and grime can mess it up after awhile.

kirkatizer
11-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Well, I got the basic tornador, and if I go under the recommended psi, things go awry. So I would say make sure your compressor can maintain the minimum psi consistently.. As for replacement parts... On the first use, I tried to tighten the solution container, and the plastic cap stripped for the gun. Also, I would get a backup nozzle and the hose piece in the nozzle. Because dirt and grime can mess it up after awhile.

Figured as much with holding consistancy of the PSI range. Extra nozzle and hose check! Thanks bud guess I'll look for a 5-6 Gallon next week.

rmagnus
11-29-2012, 09:30 PM
I thought about buying the newer Black model as well over the original. I think it requires less air pressure but is more expensive.

I have two compressors A 5 gal Sears Creaftsman and a Silentare small compressor maybe a 1.5 - 2 gal tank. I almos always fire up the silent compressor. Remember you won't always have the trigger pulled on the gun. I have no problem running 70psi.