PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion

DiPaoro
11-27-2012, 06:12 PM
While I have this product and love it, how long will this last on my everyday ride?

What is the shelf-life on a tub? I have an unused tub of Fuzion but this deal today is making me want to buy some more.

pcw25
11-27-2012, 06:24 PM
It should last about a month to 3 weeks on your DD, depending upon the area in which you live in.

Shelf life should be a couple years if you keep it at room temperature with low humidity.

I'd suggest putting a sealant down (like Blackfire Wet Diamond) before putting on the wax as it gives the best of both worlds: durability and shine.

:)

rmagnus
11-27-2012, 06:33 PM
My guess is durability will be slightly better than carnauba wax. In another thread on the topic of Fuzion someone said Col845 is more durable.

IMO it comes down to appearance. This wax is suppose to be one of if not the best to work with. To get that appearance you going to give up some durability.

I ordered my first can today and hoping to use it this weekend.

DiPaoro
11-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Only one month for durability??

Was thinking more like 3 months....as WG 3.0 supposed to be 6.

01GreyStangGT
11-27-2012, 06:58 PM
I would say 2-3 months durability on a daily driver.

Chris's FX4
11-27-2012, 07:36 PM
I would say 2-3 months durability on a daily driver.
:iagree:

It should easily last 2-3months.

Here's a little month by month test someone did.
Wolfgang Fuzion - Initial Impressions - AcuraZine Community (http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701985)

DiPaoro
11-27-2012, 08:22 PM
This was a great test. I plan to use WG 3.0 under then Fuzion on top.

Thanks for the comments.

RMM
11-28-2012, 08:41 AM
While I have this product and love it, how long will this last on my everyday ride?

What is the shelf-life on a tub? I have an unused tub of Fuzion but this deal today is making me want to buy some more.

Shelf-life of a nuba (even an hybrid like this one) is indefinite: it can be forever if well-kept.

My winter prep is WDGPS + WDGLS + Füzion: applied almost two months ago and still going as day one (cars are kept in garage at work and home). I plan on maintaining it with WDGSS and probably add another coat of Füzion in a month or two (it's so easy to work with that we could do it weekly...).

Nick McKees37
11-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Wash, clay and polish the vehicle and properly maintain it with a quality shampoo and detail spray and Fuzion will easily provide 3 months of paint protection. :dblthumb2:

However, it's such a pleasure to work with that you might find yourself applying it more often. ;)

DiPaoro
11-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Oh... I know the product and pulled the trigger on the deal yesterday.

I have a full tub...and now a new box and tub+1. My everyday ride will get the Fuzion detail over two coats of WG 3.0 this weekend.

Been using WG shampoo...so this should be fine.

pcw25
11-28-2012, 07:38 PM
:iagree:

It should easily last 2-3months.

Here's a little month by month test someone did.
Wolfgang Fuzion - Initial Impressions - AcuraZine Community (http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701985)

I never got that type of durability out of Fuzion as a standalone product...perhaps I screwed up application...I don't know. But all I know is that you're definitely going to like it

:)

Don Gl
11-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Last week, I applied 2 coats of the WG DGPS3.0 with the proper cure times between coats. Boy did it look sweet!

HOWEVER, I live on a gravel road, and already it's coated with gravel dust!

I want to put on the WG Fuzion this weekend. I was going to hose rinse and wash with the 2-bucket method and dry. Do I need to do anything else with a detail spray or drying agent to prevent waterspots? Or will the Fuzion remove them when I buff it off. Can I apply outside, in sunlight, and can I apply a second coat of Fuzion right away.

Thanks all!

Blackthorn One
11-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Last week, I applied 2 coats of the WG DGPS3.0 with the proper cure times between coats. Boy did it look sweet!

HOWEVER, I live on a gravel road, and already it's coated with gravel dust!

I want to put on the WG Fuzion this weekend. I was going to hose rinse and wash with the 2-bucket method and dry. Do I need to do anything else with a detail spray or drying agent to prevent waterspots? Or will the Fuzion remove them when I buff it off. Can I apply outside, in sunlight, and can I apply a second coat of Fuzion right away.

Thanks all!
Do you need a detail spray to prevent water spots? It depends upon how hard your water is and how long you let it sit on the car. If you wash in the morning, say, before 9 am there shouldn't be much trouble at all preventing them if you dry quickly enough.

Will Fuzion remove water spots? Not very well. If they are ever so slight, perhaps.

Can you apply outside in sunlight? I have, in the afternoon. It is a wipe on, wipe off product. You wipe off a few seconds after application. It is as easy as it gets.

I would want to wait 12 hours for the first coat to cure before adding a second.

Don Gl
12-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Do you need a detail spray to prevent water spots? It depends upon how hard your water is and how long you let it sit on the car. If you wash in the morning, say, before 9 am there shouldn't be much trouble at all preventing them if you dry quickly enough.

Will Fuzion remove water spots? Not very well. If they are ever so slight, perhaps.

Can you apply outside in sunlight? I have, in the afternoon. It is a wipe on, wipe off product. You wipe off a few seconds after application. It is as easy as it gets.

I would want to wait 12 hours for the first coat to cure before adding a second.

Blackthorn One, thanks for the answer!

I forgot to mention I have a 2013 Ford EDGE AWD Limited Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat.

I wasn't able to start until about 1:00. It was sunny with a little overcast every once in awhile. I was able to park in the shadow of a tree that already dropped its leaves, but a lot of small branches created enough of a partial shade to work in.

I washed with WG AutoBathe and was able to dry without waterspots.

While it was doing a final air dry, I cleaned all the windows, inside and out with PNB Crystal Glass Cleaner w/ Water Repellent.

After all that, it was about 4:00pm, I began the WG Fuzion application, it was very easy to apply with a yellow foam applicator and did the hood as one section, the front fender & front door as one section, etc. Removal was very easy using multiple MF Deluxe Jr. 600. Finished the entire vehicle in about an hour, including a second wipe with the MF Deluxe Jr. 600.

Our daughter and son-in-law came over to drop off 2 granddaughters for wife & I to watch while they went out to dinner. Wanted to know when I could do their Acura MDX while they were gone! After they returned to pickup the grandkids, they were leaving at 10:00pm, I had turned on the halogen flood lights...my vehicle was popping!

Very impressed with all my hard work for the last 2 weekends worth of work AND all the great source of experts & ethusiast's on the forum.:dblthumb2: