PDA

View Full Version : Best products for swirled black paint

AJD
11-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone. I posted in another spot by accident so sorry if you come across this twice. I am going to detail my brothers caddy cts. He bought it used so we don't know the history but it is full of swirls and scratches. I am not a pro detailer by any means but I know the proper procedures. I normally use Megs products and was going to:

Wash
Clay
Then with pcxp:
Ult Comp
Ult Polish or New Car Glaze
Ult Wax
Topped with Gold Class Carn.

I have used this combo in the past but not on a black car, it was on a graphite colored and the paint wasnt terrible but the car came out great.

SO my questions are:

1-Will the above give me the deep look I am looking for in a black car?

2-What are some other good products that will give me the deep look?

I am sure there are threads on this already so if you know of one, please let me know.

Thanks for all your help
Al

RZJZA80
11-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Personally, I would use D300 or M105 on that paint, it's on the hard side, and follow it up with PO85RD, no polish will provide and deeper gloss than that. Follow that with something like DG105 and top that with whatever wax you like, and you're set for several months at least.

vman
11-27-2012, 11:52 AM
You could try m105 and m205 if you want to step up in compounds and polishes. If youre correcting the paint and do a good job, there shouldn't be a need for a glaze in my opinion. I also am not too fond of gold class carnauba wax. It leaves nasty stains on trim if you happen to get it on there and has mediocre durability.

AJD
11-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I was thinking about getting some 105/205 so I will add that to the cart. I haven't used them yet but I will also check out mezernas products. I know the gc carn is a pain sometimes but I read that the ult wax leaves the car looking more like an armored coating rather than a deep color, but I want the protection from it. Maybe I will look up other final waxes. Thanks again!:xyxthumbs:

Driwash
11-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Fuzion would make that black just pop....

Tom

AJD
11-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Thanks Tom. Let me ask you two things though

1-Should I top the sealant with fuzion or skip the sealant?
2-Is the smaller 3 oz container enough to do a whole car? stuff is kinda pricey!

Al