PDA

View Full Version : AIO w/sealant vs sealant alone

wangotango
11-27-2012, 10:24 AM
I do understand that AIO products with sealant normally have minimal cut, some polishing, and a sealant.
I refer to XMT 360, PB polish/sealant, OP opti-seal, GG all in one sealant.
But do the sealants in an AIO need time to cure?
Wax topper right after?
I have used WG 3.0 as a stand alone sealant after polishing (great stuff), topped next day.

So....stand alone sealants need cure time?
AIO with sealants don't?
...in general

as always..............wait for it.....................thanks!

Dougw4355
11-27-2012, 10:50 AM
I do understand that AIO products with sealant normally have minimal cut, some polishing, and a sealant.
I refer to XMT 360, PB polish/sealant, OP opti-seal, GG all in one sealant.
But do the sealants in an AIO need time to cure?
Wax topper right after?
I have used WG 3.0 as a stand alone sealant after polishing (great stuff), topped next day.

So....stand alone sealants need cure time?
AIO with sealants don't?
...in general

as always..............wait for it.....................thanks!

I use menzerna powerlock sealant

Im sure mike can explain it better
check this link

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/37279-tip-working-waxes-paint-sealants-coatings-new-you.html

BillyJack
11-27-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm a staunch believer in AIO/Cleaner Wax products for daily drivers. I have a bunch on the shelf, but two have become my favorites: GG One -Step is my choice when I won't be topping immediately. If I plan on topping, such as my winter prep with Collinite 476, DG501/601 can be topped immediately, thanks to the added 601.

Bill

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
11-27-2012, 03:22 PM
I typically do let PWS dwell for too long before I top it with a wax or a sealant.

wangotango
11-28-2012, 12:17 AM
Appreciate the input.
Foghat that the DG sealants/polishes with the 601 would probly be ok to top rite away.
I'm just trying to formulate a general though pattern/timeframe for AIO sealants vs stand alones after polish.
Will look at that link DougW..thanks.