PDA

View Full Version : AF ironout vs Carpro iron-x

lawrenceSA
11-27-2012, 02:49 AM
Hi

I have been using Carpro iron-x with great success and was wondering if anyone has used AF's ironout and if so, how it compared to iron-x

Thanks in advance

ken tuep
11-27-2012, 12:55 PM
My guess would be they are probably the same, or perform the same. I have only used iron-x though.

richy
11-27-2012, 01:22 PM
I haven't used the AF formula, but I have purchased and used the Wolf's Decon gel. 911Fanatic did a great side by side comparo/review on them a few months back. Essentially, Wolf's smells better and takes longer to remove deposits than IX does. The other interesting thing was he went over each panel with the opposing product after being rinsed and the IX picked up decontamination that Wolf's had missed, but not really vice-versa. So, bottom line, if you can stand the smell, IX is a better product.

RMM
11-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Iron Out is more of a gel and so it clings better to the wheels. It also has the highest concentration of the iron removing active ingredient on the market.
Smell wise, it's a little better but don't expect miracles.

Mc'lovin
11-27-2012, 06:39 PM
I too was interested in this question, however reviews are quite scarce. From what I was able to find (mostly on European forums), it seems Iron X is much more powerful.

But the smell...
oh well.

Charleston
11-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Dont get ironx on your hands! The scent sticks around!

AutowerxDetailing
11-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Dont get ironx on your hands! The scent sticks around!

This is no joke!

lawrenceSA
11-28-2012, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the comments so far guys. Yeah I have used a fair amount of iron-x already and can handle the smell so that's not too much of an issue for me.

The only reason for the potential change is that here in South Africa access to locally supplied product is fairly scarce, and shipping costs from the USA or even the UK are prohibitive, leaving us at the mercy of stock availability.

My local supplier is out of iron-x but can get me the AF iron out, and so the change is not totally out of choice - I need to decontaminate....

I guess I was just looking for some reassurance that I am not about to pull the trigger on an order of product that does not live up to the ability of iron-x (which I have obviously seen for myself).

Once I have used the AF Iron out I will try and remember to post up some feedback on how I found it compared to the Iron-X

Thanks again