PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba

Pages : [1] 2

TroyScherer
11-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Product Review: Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba

Product Description / Claims:

Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba is a premium quality, high lubricity waterless wash. You can safely wash your car and leave a scratch-free finish virtually anywhere in 15 minutes or less! This high lubricity formula lubricates the finish while special polymers help to encapsulate dirt, dust, pollen, road grime and other air-borne pollution to safely remove them off the surface instead of grinding them into the paint.
High grade Carnauba Wax is emulsified and suspended in the high lubricity formula to leave a high gloss finish during final wipe-off. The results are a sizzling shine in minutes! With the addition of high-grade Carnauba Wax in Pinnacle’s advanced waterless wash formula you can maintain the show car finish Pinnacle polishes and waxes are known for while extending the protection that they provide.
Out of all the detailing steps you do to maintain your car’s appearance, washing your car is the most common procedure and Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba takes the work and the mess out of keeping your car looking its best all the time
The blinding shine you create using Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba will have everyone thinking you spend hours and hours washing and waxing your car. Whether you share the secret of Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba with them is your decision!
Besides restoring that just washed and wax look, Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba removes the static charge from your car’s finish to reduce dust attraction so your car’s finish will stay cleaner longer! This allows you the time to enjoy driving your vehicle, rather than having to wash it so often.
Advanced polymers and Carnauba wax restore a deep, wet shine
Enables you to wash your car anywhere without a hose and bucket
High lubricity formula guarantees scratch-free results
Extends protection in-between normal wax jobs
Easy to use: mist on, spread out, wipe-off!

Product Details:

Packaging: Typical Black Pinnacle Bottle with a trigger sprayer
Directions: Clearly Stated
Color: Light Orange / Yellow
Scent: Mango ???
Pricing: $14.99 @ 16oz / $34.99 @ 64oz / $44.99 @ 128oz

Directions:

1. Shake product well before using
2. Work on a cool surface in the shade
3. Use plenty of premium quality microfiber towels – switch to new towel often
4. Always start at the top and work your way down
5. Mist product on one panel at a time – use an ample amount for heavily soiled vehicles
6. Using one side of towel, spread product out using overlapping motion
7. Turn to dry side of towel and gently wipe surface to a clean, high gloss shine
8. Continue to the next panel until the entire vehicle is cleaned.

Warnings or Precautions:
Keep out of reach of Children
Harmful If Swallowed

Testing:
I used my Black truck that had been lightly driven throughout the week in town only. So the buildup was mostly dust and water spotting from the rain. Other than that I will let the videos do the talking.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNffsMPHQYc]Pinnacle Waterless 1 - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XygO0CcXDg]Pinnacle Waterless 2 - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ9o0mFrs3A]Pinnacle Waterless 3 - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jMa5NO-bq8]Pinnacle Waterless 4 - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-y3IOydAJc]Pinnacle Waterless 5 - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz9mAMmbeVA]Pinnacle Waterless 6 - YouTube[/video]

Pros:

1. Nice Scent
2. Gentle Cleaning
3. Adds Gloss and Slickness.

Cons:

1. A Little lite on the cleaning ability for my taste
2. RTU bottle isn’t big enough for an entire car. I like to have 20-24oz normally.

Questions:

1. How much Nuba is added to the formula?
2. How long can PLCWW+C prolong the life of a nuba LSP?

Final Thought / Summary:

For the Nuba loving guys that wants a waterless wash the new Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba may be just what they are looking for. The mango scent is very nice and makes it a joy to use, and the gloss and slickness it leaves behind are nice as well. Although it is more expensive than other waterless washes in RTU form, I believe there is a place for the Pinnacle offering for those with “special” vehicle they truly like to pamper. Buying the concentrate also helps the pricing by quite a bit. I will be saving what I have left for summer when I am using Nuba LSP’s.

BobbyG
11-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Hey Troy,

Nice review and I like the video format...:props:

I also tried Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba the other day and was really impressed with it's performance. It was easy to feel the lubricity and as I watched the product haze it was the protective Carnauba left behind. A quick buff was all that was needed to bring a nice glossy shine to the finish....:dblthumb2:

TroyScherer
11-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks Bobby.

It was easy to use and the gloss left behind was very nice.

billmac
11-27-2012, 08:41 PM
:iagree:

Bunky
11-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks Troy. There have been a lot of reviews. Interestingly, you report that a RTU bottle is not enough for an entire car. It seems the concentrate is the way to go.

DP 08 GXP
11-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Where did you get that sprayer from?

barryscott
11-30-2012, 11:49 PM

the sprayer in the above video, you can find at Lowes or Home Depot.

TroyScherer
12-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Thanks Troy. There have been a lot of reviews. Interestingly, you report that a RTU bottle is not enough for an entire car. It seems the concentrate is the way to go.

Thanks Al.

Yes I think the concentrate is the way to go. For $3 more than the RTU you can get enough concentrate to make 4 gallons of product! It's an easy choice for me...

the sprayer in the above video, you can find at Lowes or Home Depot.

Good call. I got mine a Lowes.

SilverHawk
12-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Hey Troy,

Nice review and I like the video format...:props:

I also tried Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba the other day and was really impressed with it's performance. It was easy to feel the lubricity and as I watched the product haze it was the protective Carnauba left behind. A quick buff was all that was needed to bring a nice glossy shine to the finish....:dblthumb2:

I'm looking into the Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash. For a quick detailer. Has does it compare too the Wolfgang QD?

TroyScherer
12-01-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm looking into the Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash. For a quick detailer. Has does it compare too the Wolfgang QD?

A Waterless wash is always be better and safer than a QD in my opinion. But I only use QD as a post wash wipe down because I don't like doing actual QD wipe downs.

BobbyG
12-01-2012, 09:45 AM

Unfortunately I've never tried Wolfgang's Quick Detailer but really like the Pinnacle product in Troy's review...:props:

jjj
12-01-2012, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=SilverHawk;773075]I'm looking into the Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash. For a quick detailer. Has does it compare too the Wolfgang

The ww is a great detailer and waterless wash. . I use with onr. Spray area with ww and use onr soaked mf's to wash and dry. Great way to get a wash on light to med dirt. Actually have used this combo on week worth of rain and road grime cars. Use liberal amount of pinnacle. I also final step with pb spray and gloss if needed.

WantcarPerfect
09-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Anybody have a thought about this product mixed as a QD and how it would compare to Crystal Mist? I like Crystal Mist but unless you buy the large sizes its expensive. 16 oz does not last long for $25 bucks.

TroyScherer
09-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Anybody have a thought about this product mixed as a QD and how it would compare to Crystal Mist? I like Crystal Mist but unless you buy the large sizes its expensive. 16 oz does not last long for $25 bucks.

I would simply switch to Pin LCWW in place of crystal mist. You get twice as much for $5 less. So you get better cleaning ability and the added carnuba. But I am a big fan of using a WW in place of a QD due to it being safer. For me WW has replaced QD for me. The only reason / time I use a QD is a post wash drying aid.

theparmachine
09-10-2013, 07:55 PM
I got a bottle of this in my last Autogeek order. I felt ripped off. This stuff is no good. Can't hold a candle to the Griot's stuff.