PDA

View Full Version : 3M clear film protector

bill5416
11-25-2012, 06:53 PM
I am in the process of trying to decide on which DA to upgrade to in order to get the results I have seen and read so much about. There are so many posts on the subject that I continue to go back and forth on my decision. Without beginning another thread on that subject, I did come across something I haven't considered. One of my vehicles was fitted with a clear film protector across the front of the vehicle, hood, and under the door latches. Are there any watch-outs when using a DA on or around these areas? It is beginning to look a little worn so I may decide to remove/ replace it. Any recommendations?

Dougw4355
11-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Shopping for new DA? Im no expert but I have the Flex 3401 which is kinda spendy and it works well...BUT I recently got the Griots 6' DA and used it today and I was impressed with it.

bill5416
11-25-2012, 09:13 PM
I appreciate the tip. Pretty much deciding between the PC7424 and the Flex. To be honest, leaning to the Flex due to it's power, especially when I detail my boat. I'm now wondering what may happen with any DA on that protective film on my Acura.

jsgntulok
11-25-2012, 09:24 PM
I have both the PC 7424XP and Flex 3401. I say go for the Flex if you can afford it. I have paint protection film on two cars. Before I machine polish, I apply masking tape along the edge. Takes a bit of time, but is better than cleaning up polish/wax/sealant that accumulates along the edge of the film.

Bill1234
11-25-2012, 09:29 PM
I like my meguiars with the slow start up and easy speed dialing. The only thing I do not like are the backing plates which are expensive and the cable which is annoying