PDA

View Full Version : Klasse High Gloss Sealant usage

SUV4x4
05-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Is it a must that I first put down a coat of Klasse All In One Polish BEFORE I apply a coat of the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze?

I am just looking for a long-lasting sealant for protection from the elements.

A deep shine is not of the utmost concern of mine.

I just want year round protection for my clearcoat layer.

SpoiledMan
05-23-2006, 09:53 AM
It is *best* to use AIO before SG as it cleans the surface well for proper "bonding" and helps out a little with the removal of SG that can be difficult at times.

Meghan
05-23-2006, 10:15 AM
It is *best* to use AIO before SG as it cleans the surface well for proper "bonding" and helps out a little with the removal of SG that can be difficult at times.
:iagree:

ScottB
05-23-2006, 06:03 PM
little hint with SG ... consider a small travel size spray bottle and spritz it onto each panel. Then use the WOWO method and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much easier it is and still just as bulletproof. And yes I have used SG without AIO with no issues. Just make sure finish has no oils nor fillers as SG gets very finicky.

SpoiledMan
05-23-2006, 07:13 PM
little hint with SG ... consider a small travel size spray bottle and spritz it onto each panel. Then use the WOWO method and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much easier it is and still just as bulletproof. And yes I have used SG without AIO with no issues. Just make sure finish has no oils nor fillers as SG gets very finicky.

Excellent advice. Most importantly is the last statement about any leftover polishing oils.

bluzman
05-23-2006, 10:06 PM
YOu can also spritz a little water on the area to help you remove it. I have 3 coats of SG on my truck, I have never had a problem using this method!!

dksu
05-24-2006, 04:09 AM

Do you actually mix any water with SG in the spray bottle?

SUV4x4
05-24-2006, 10:32 AM
little hint with SG . Just make sure finish has no oils nor fillers as SG gets very finicky.

Can you expand on this?

What do you mean by "oils and fillers"?

ScottB
05-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Do you actually mix any water with SG in the spray bottle?

no, and personally I dont agree with using water to remove. Sealants need time to cure, and water stops the process. I have found that if there is a hard spot, spritz with SG and wipe off immediately, always works !

Can you expand on this?

What do you mean by "oils and fillers

what I meant if you are using a polish or paint cleaner prior to using SG, then rewash the car or do an alcohol/water wipe down first, as they usually contain some oils or fillers that stay on the finish. It will not adhere properly and loose alot of its durability.

Neothin
05-24-2006, 08:45 PM
also, don't use any glazes before you lay down a layer of KSG. Glazes also contain fillers which with hamper bonding.