PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Cleaning

Pages : [1] 2

kirkatizer
11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
What's the best way to clean microfiber towels like new?

Vegas Transplant
11-25-2012, 06:27 PM
I just have to say it :cool:

You can't turn a pickle back into a cucumber...lol

Microfiber Care Guide, Clean Cobra Microfiber Towels, Applicators & Tools with Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator Microfiber Detergent. Clean & dry microfiber (http://www.autogeek.net/mi101.html)

ihaveacamaro
11-25-2012, 06:38 PM
VT, on that link they have that green MF applicator. I have the same and they looked the same. I used BF MF wash ~ 3 to 4 oz and it did not come out clean, not even close :(

Any recommendations?

billmac
11-25-2012, 06:38 PM
No Bleach or Fabric Softener. Wash with like towels only

_M_
11-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Many swear by boiling in vinegar (2oz. to a pot), then washing as normal. I haven't tried it yet, but will soon.

I also find it beneficial to always do a second rinse cycle. Seems to help. Oxyclean works well too. Just throw a scoop into the wash in addition to detergent.

cartman57
11-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Use some for wheelwells and other areas that won't get original clean, they'll get clean using the above mentioned process. I've used xmt pad cleaner then washed with dawn and hot water prior to the wash machine, remember no fabric softner.

kirkatizer
11-25-2012, 06:51 PM
OK thanks for the tips got to try some of these tactics.

RMM
11-25-2012, 08:01 PM
No Bleach or Fabric Softener.

:whs: This is fundamental: softeners destroy the MFs unique ability to wipe without damage to the surfaces.
Wash with hot water (above 60º C - 140 F), use a basic powder detergent.

Bigbull2984
11-25-2012, 08:16 PM
VT, on that link they have that green MF applicator. I have the same and they looked the same. I used BF MF wash ~ 3 to 4 oz and it did not come out clean, not even close :(

Any recommendations?

Whats the product and what was the towel used for? I have tested 4 or so MF washes and BF and CG never failed.

IF its tough stain use a APC first.

Here is my review of BF wash, no apc was used.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/54301-bf-microfiber-wash.html

_M_
11-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Whats the product and what was the towel used for? I have tested 4 or so MF washes and BF and CG never failed.

IF its tough stain use a APC first.

Here is my review of BF wash, no apc was used.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/54301-bf-microfiber-wash.html

Is BF safe to use in a HE washing machine. It's the only one that doesn't say it in the description..

baknforth101
11-25-2012, 08:26 PM
we just wash our in the clothes washer with cheap detergent (like not $15 Tide) and used the liquid softener just like you would your clothes. then dry them in the clothes dryer with a couple dryer softening sheets. they come out extremely clean, pretty much like new (some of them exactly as new, as long as you havent used them with dressing or grease or tar etc... never had any problem with them scratching or streaking at all. and some of mine have been washed hundreds of times cause we wash them nearly everyday.

Bigbull2984
11-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Is BF safe to use in a HE washing machine. It's the only one that doesn't say it in the description..

Yes it is. It is low foaming, unless you use alot. You can always throw in a extra rinse cycle:xyxthumbs:

Bigbull2984
11-25-2012, 08:29 PM
we just wash our in the clothes washer with cheap detergent (like not $15 Tide) and used the liquid softener just like you would your clothes. then dry them in the clothes dryer with a couple dryer softening sheets. they come out extremely clean, pretty much like new (some of them exactly as new, as long as you havent used them with dressing or grease or tar etc... never had any problem with them scratching or streaking at all. and some of mine have been washed hundreds of times cause we wash them nearly everyday.

Wait what.....:confused:

Do they still absorb water?

_M_
11-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Yes it is. It is low foaming, unless you use alot. You can always throw in a extra rinse cycle:xyxthumbs:

Great. Thanks

t5er
11-25-2012, 08:35 PM
For very soiled MF towels I will hand wash in the sink with a little detergent. I think this step is crucial to to both preclean and to avoid cross contamination when I throw it in the machine.

After that they go in the machine with only MF towels and some MF cleaner (i've used Griots and CG and they both work fine)