PDA

View Full Version : Changing from Zaino-Recommend Something New?

Pages : [1] 2

explorerlyon
11-24-2012, 12:17 PM
After reading the forums for months, I am getting more confused wading through all the great products. Can you recommend some specific products for me. I have been using Zaino on my Acura for a few years. Low on product and looking to try something new.

I just purchased a Griots 6" DA and can't wait to use it.

05 Ford Expedition-Green: Wife's daily driver.

1. Paint is in good condition but does have very minor swirls. This will be my first use with the DA.

2. Leather is light tan. Gets dirty easy. Very hard to clean. What do you recommend for leather cleaner. I have some 3D Liquid Leather given to me. Any good?

10 Acura TL SHAWD-Gregio (like a dark grey with a hint of brown)

I have used Zaino exclusively on this vehicle since new. Happy with the product, but it did modify the look of the paint color. The gregio has a slight brown to it. The zaino turns the look into a dark gray.

Thanks

DiPaoro
11-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Since I was a huge Zaino fan, I found AG and spent tons of money on supplies. However, my car has never popped with Zaino as it does with all of the Wolfgang products.

Let's keep in mind that I had to fix the paint of all defect before doing anything. My Porsche guy did a great job of of creating wonderful swirls on my entire black paint. For paint correction, I am using a PC and 4 inch pads mostly. I have every color and recently added yellow. Highly recommend M105 and M205 over the WG products.

If your paint is in good shape, look at the WG line. I use Fuzion on the covered car in the garage. I use WG 3.0 Sealant on my everyday ride.

Good luck!!

GS2011
11-24-2012, 03:06 PM
If your paint is in good shape, look at the WG line. I use Fuzion on the covered car in the garage. I use WG 3.0 Sealant on my everyday ride.

Good luck!!

:iagree:I switched to the WG line several months ago, and am extremely pleased with the results. The Fuzion really brings out the metallic in my GS (garage queen), and the Sealant works well on the black RAV4 DD.

GTPpilot
11-24-2012, 03:43 PM
I've been gradually switching to Optimum Polyer Tech stuff. Zaino has always worked well for me, but since trying ONR and being amazed I have started trying their other products. Easy to use, time saving and looks great. It would be hard to go wrong with alot of stuff here at AG. So many choices !!

ScottB
11-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Wolfgang, Pinnacle, and Blackfire are good choices.

primo spaghetti
11-24-2012, 04:33 PM
wolfgang and optimum get my votes too..

the optimum line wont stain plastic and is OC 2.0 ready with only a damp MF wipedown...that really hooked me.

cmichael258
11-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Leather Masters is great for your seats, either the Soft or Strong. Their Protection Cream is also good. Ultima also makes a great protectant.

slapshot
11-24-2012, 07:26 PM
I just switched from Zaino as well. I went with Pinnacle ASR and AFP, then a coat of Wolfgang DGPS 3.0, topped off with a coat of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran wax. It worked great on a black car this week. I'll be doing my dark gray truck in a couple weeks.

I used Meguires M105 and 205 for polishing after light wet sanding.

I still use Zaino leather cleaner and treatment since I have some left. it works well on BMW leather.

cmwsdw@gmail
11-24-2012, 08:43 PM
I recently left zaino for blackfire and will never look back. I tried quite a few other brands before breaking down and buying blackfire and I'm so glad I did. The total polish and seal is an amazing AIO. Very easy to work with. The interior cleaner and interior protectant are both awesome products. The rinseless wash blew me away as well as the polymer spray sealant. I'm hooked on blackfire now

KBsToy
11-25-2012, 08:03 AM
I still use Zaino AIO with Fuzion as a topper. My cars are light in color so there is only so much you can do to make it pop. I do clay before applying Zaino to get the contaminants off. There is a lot knowledge here at AG Find something easy and use it.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w384/KBsCamaro/003.jpg
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w384/KBsCamaro/001.jpg

01GreyStangGT
11-25-2012, 08:51 AM
Can't go wrong with Blackfire or Wolfgang.

Klasse Act
11-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Welcome to AG and I too was using Zaino when I got here as well and the first thing I switched to was Black Fire, seemed like the logical move and I was very happy with it! Worked like Zaino and finished like Zaino. Wanting to try another great product offered here I then stepped up to DuraGloss and like it even more, can't go wrong with either product:dblthumb2:

GTPpilot
11-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Man, I love the CTS !! Definitely going to be my next car. The prices of used 09's are starting to become to hard to refuse. Beautiful car. Nice detailing work !!

explorerlyon
11-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the replies. What about the way different products change the color of the car? With Zaino, my paint appears darker and the light brownish tinge of the Greigo color is gone.

Wolfgang, Pinnacle and DP are produced by PBMG right? So what is the overall different in these lines of products? They seem like they all do basically the same thing?

KBsToy
11-26-2012, 06:37 AM
man, i love the cts !! Definitely going to be my next car. The prices of used 09's are starting to become to hard to refuse. Beautiful car. Nice detailing work !!

thanks !!!!!!!