PDA

View Full Version : Spray Sealant vs OCW?

vman
11-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Im not a big fan of applying WOWO waxes that need to haze and things like that. Do you guys think I can get away with using Optimum Car Wax once a week after my maintenance wash to prevent me from ever using a dedicated wax again? Or should I look into other options like Blackfire Crystal Seal and Opti Seal?

BobbyG
11-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Optimum Car Wax Spray is a great product and produces stunning results. If you find that this provides you with the look, satisfaction, and protection you've been trying to achieve for then my answer is yes...

Alvin
11-22-2012, 07:23 PM
optimum car wax, you should be able to go 8 to 10 weeks with it. Optimum states that it can go up to five months. I dont let it go 5 month i stay in the 8 to 10 week time frame. Works very nice for me.

primo spaghetti
11-22-2012, 07:48 PM
ive tried alot of optimum products (expect OCW) and they are great..

DG aqua wax is another big hit for me...looked great!

umi000
11-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Once a week would be overkill - as others have mentioned, OCW can last for up to a few months.

BobbyG
11-22-2012, 08:20 PM
DG aqua wax is another big hit for me...looked great!

:iagree: Fabulous product!!

vman
11-22-2012, 08:37 PM
I thought aqua wax would be consider a wax booster and can't really take the place of a dedicated wax? OCW seems to be in another world compared to the other spray waxes however

silverfox
11-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Frankly if you top off with any booster product after every wash the durability argument becomes a moot point.

vman
11-22-2012, 09:37 PM
So besides durability, is there anything a spray wax cant offer that a wax, sealant, or spray sealant can? Looks aside as well

BobbyG
11-22-2012, 09:39 PM
So besides durability, is there anything a spray wax cant offer that a wax, sealant, or spray sealant can? Looks aside as well

Not really....

y8s
11-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Im not a big fan of applying WOWO waxes that need to haze and things like that. Do you guys think I can get away with using Optimum Car Wax once a week after my maintenance wash to prevent me from ever using a dedicated wax again? Or should I look into other options like Blackfire Crystal Seal and Opti Seal?

I really liked the idea of using Opti-Seal as a base for OCW. You can reapply both at regular intervals without removing either one.

Maybe reapply opti-seal every 2-3 months and OCW whenever you like. Weekly may even be too often.