PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber vs cotton

davidc11291
11-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Is it just me, or does cotton absorb moisture better than microfiber? I know that if you take a 500g microfiber towel and a 500g cotton towel and submerge both in water, the microfiber towel will absorb more water, but I'm talking about when you're using a towel for something like cleaning windows. It seems like the cotton instantly sucks up every bit of moisture, and the microfiber tends to push the water around, and I really have to work to make the microfiber absorb the water. I've read that microfiber will actually absorb better if you slightly mist it with water first, but when cleaning glass, the key to finishing streak free is to remove every bit of moisture, so using a slightly damp microfiber seems like it would be counter productive?

:dunno:

piscott
11-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Is it just me, or does cotton absorb moisture better than microfiber? I know that if you take a 500g microfiber towel and a 500g cotton towel and submerge both in water, the microfiber towel will absorb more water, but I'm talking about when you're using a towel for something like cleaning windows. It seems like the cotton instantly sucks up every bit of moisture, and the microfiber tends to push the water around, and I really have to work to make the microfiber absorb the water. I've read that microfiber will actually absorb better if you slightly mist it with water first, but when cleaning glass, the key to finishing streak free is to remove every bit of moisture, so using a slightly damp microfiber seems like it would be counter productive?

:dunno:

I use blue medical towels (cotton) on my glass. They work great. I've used microfiber on glass and they also work well but the med towels work better.

Dirtyrango212
11-22-2012, 05:53 PM
This is true but only with regular microfiber towels? Microfiber glass only towels (flat fibers) work great? But I also use the good old fashioned 100%cot baby diapers only after a couple of washes so they DON'T lint

Johny B
11-22-2012, 08:25 PM
This is true but only with regular microfiber towels? Microfiber glass only towels (flat fibers) work great? But I also use the good old fashioned 100%cot baby diapers only after a couple of washes so they DON'T lint

+1

silverfox
11-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Try the new CG cotton/MF hybrid towels. A-1.