PDA

View Full Version : No Wash For 6 Wks.

Rsurfer
04-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Thought I would share a tip I've been playing around with. About 2 mos. ago, I would QD if there were light dust with DGFC or CM (old version) I would sometimes get light scratching and would have to polish it out. It hasn't rained for the last 6 weeks, only a slight drizzle at night, so car is not very dirty. Anyway instead of using a dry mf towel to wipe the qd I tried using the guzzler while damp. I folded over twice, giving me 8 clean sections to wipe down with. After 6 weeks of doing this, viola, no scratches. Used a halogen lamp and direct sunlight and no scratches in sight. Using a damp guzzler with qd seems to just glide over the paint.

bambo2888
04-25-2007, 10:46 PM
so pretty much, substitute the MFs we QD with for the guzzler with no product, just water?

this is interesting, because I religiously QD with CM everyday before classes and I have been noticed light lines in the exact motions and directions I practice...

Rsurfer
04-25-2007, 11:23 PM
so pretty much, substitute the MFs we QD with for the guzzler with no product, just water?

this is interesting, because I religiously QD with CM everyday before classes and I have been noticed light lines in the exact motions and directions I practice...

Instead of using a mf with qd, I use a damp guzzler with qd. I use to use a mf, mist the mf and spray the panel. Using this method seems to drag the mf over the paint. With the damp guzzler with qd it just glides smoothly over the paint. And like I said, no lines or scratches. Hope this helps.

budman3
04-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Just be careful that there isn't a lot of dirt on the car. The Guzzler will help the cause by trapping the dirt in the waffle weave but it is still a little risky, IMO. Do you have any PB S&W in your arsenol? That is my choice for a substitute bucket wash- whether it is light dust or road grime.

bambo2888
04-26-2007, 09:13 AM
yea, i QD everyday with CM and sometimes LS, rarely LS though.

Rsurfer
04-26-2007, 03:21 PM
yea, i QD everyday with CM and sometimes LS, rarely LS though.

I wouldn't use LS as a QD, maybe QD with CM and then LS. Just got my DP 4in1 and mixed 2.5oz with water in a 32oz spray bottle and qd today. Worked real well and is a cheap QD.