PDA

View Full Version : WGDGPS 3.0 A how to question

Don Gl
11-21-2012, 01:21 PM
This weekend I want to put 2 coats of the WGDPS 3.0 on my 2013 Ford EDGE. I have to take it to a location where I can park it inside to apply the first coat and let it set for 4 hours, then drive it back home. Let it cure overnight outside, return to the the next day to the inside location and apply the 2nd coat. Drive is about 20 miles each way.

My question is, do I have to rewash the car then apply the WGDPS 3.0 or can I just use the WG Instant Detail Spritz to clean it up, then apply the 2nd coat. :dunno:

Thanks in advance for the help!

SonOfOC
11-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Let the first coat fully cure. Wash with waterless, rinseless, or bucket and apply second coat.

I would try to stay away from a quick detailer because they may leave something behind on the paint that will prevent the second coat from an excellent bond.

BobbyG
11-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Don,

I understand what you're up against.

I'm guessing that the car shouldn't be too dirty so a waterless wash and a few microfiber towels should make short work of any dust that might have accumulated. Give the car a once over and start applying the product as you did for the initial coat...:props:

honda.crz.nsbp
11-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Agreed. I recently winterized my car with two applications of WGDGPS and one application of WGDGLS outside under a carport. Prior to each application, though the car did not move over the course of three days, I still gave the car a traditional or rinseless wash.

Don Gl
11-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks for all the great replies....this place is fantastic! :dblthumb2:

Don Gl
11-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Don,

I understand what you're up against.

I'm guessing that the car shouldn't be too dirty so a waterless wash and a few microfiber towels should make short work of any dust that might have accumulated. Give the car a once over and start applying the product as you did for the initial coat...:props:

I have an update; I got the first coat of WG DGPS on today...just getting to the point of being able to apply the first coat, my body took a whoopin! Started the full wash at 10am, when it was warm enough, decontaminated with Nanoskin & clay. Tried the WG PPE on the hood only. wasn't happy with the results, I then dropped back to the WG TSR then the WG FG and was happy with that look. At this point, I decided that WG PPE would be fine on the rest of the paint. Finally got the first coat of WG DGPS applied and finished at 7:30pm. Took a few minutes to admire my first paint correction/enhancement...I think it came out great.

I was able to leave the vehicle inside at the location, I took a work truck home. I'll be back at it tomorrow morning.

Another question, it's going to be cold, in fact 29 overnight and a high of 40. Can I use the WG AutoBathe liquid as a rinseless wash and just follow the directions for another brand for the dilution ratio? This way I'll be able to wash it inside and be able to put the second coat on and have it cure for several hours before I have to leave.