PDA

View Full Version : Help need with BLACK 2003 Dodge truck 4x4 quad cab

janet bowen
11-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Ok, I am new here, but NOT new to detailing. I have a BLACK 2003 Dodge truck 4x4 quad cab(don't think I will ever have black again). I would like some idea's on the best product to wax with and will last the longest. I have a Flex buffer, old, heavy but still good. I have always used a chamios, but open to micro fiber. Any suggestions?:dblthumb2:

jhodges
11-21-2012, 01:17 PM
First, I'm a novice and still learning. I have an '08 Black 1500 SLT. I clayed it and applied a layer of M21 Sealant

Autogeek has a Youtube channel with a ton of instructional/educational videos. In one, they "do" an Extreme Makeover on a Black 2012 Camaro.

Take a look at this link; there's lots of videos available for viewing. They use different products, techniques, lots of in-depth explanations.

Autogeek's Thursday Night Details - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL942A4937DB701BCF&feature=plpp)

Hope this helps.

jhodges
11-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Plus, Mike and Crew are going to "do" a Show Car Makeover on a Black 2012 Challenger in early December.

It will be well worth the wait and see. They'll be using a different line of products than was used on the Black Camaro.

waderw24
11-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Plus, Mike and Crew are going to "do" a Show Car Makeover on a Black 2012 Challenger in early December.

It will be well worth the wait and see. They'll be using a different line of products than was used on the Black Camaro.

That's what I'm waiting for too! Per Mike, they will be using the new Menzerna FG400 which sounds like it could be a great way to keeping a black daily driver as close to swirl free as possible.

Here's the thread - Sign-up - 2012 Challenger - Show Car Makeover at Autogeek! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/sign-up-project-cars-clinics/54398-sign-up-2012-challenger-show-car-makeover-autogeek.html)

Vegas Transplant
11-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Ok, I am new here, but NOT new to detailing. I have a BLACK 2003 Dodge truck 4x4 quad cab(don't think I will ever have black again). I would like some idea's on the best product to wax with and will last the longest. I have a Flex buffer, old, heavy but still good. I have always used a chamios, but open to micro fiber. Any suggestions?:dblthumb2:

Collinite Car Wax Products, Collinite Wax, Insulator Wax, collinite 845, collinite double coat (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite.html)

Among the most popular Collinite products is their Collinite Insulator Wax #845, a liquid carnauba wax that beads water for several months with one application. If carnauba paste wax is your preference, Collinite Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax #476 offers up to a year of protection with a warm, reflective shine. That’s just two of the products in the Collinite automotive line; check out all seven, now available at Autogeek

janet bowen
11-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback, but I am still confused on the product or best product to use. I am thinking of using the XMT. Any thoughts?

I have the light swirls, actually not too many, so I am thinking of a swirl remover, sealant and then wax?

thanks again.Feed back please

janet bowen
11-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Lets see if I can make this an easier question; I only want to do 2 steps, or do I HAVE to do 3. Cleaner and sealant? Or cleaner, sealant and carnuba? And do I do in that order?

Thats what i am trying to ask.

cartman57
11-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Lets see if I can make this an easier question; I only want to do 2 steps, or do I HAVE to do 3. Cleaner and sealant? Or cleaner, sealant and carnuba? And do I do in that order?

Tuff decision, all depends what results you're looking for, quick and easy or long lasting. Many steps will be required to get the truck to a 'new' finish look. Prep work will make it look great IF you have the time and paitence. Buying too many products can get confusing that produce the same finish.
Many articles written by Mike Phillips include pictures and video.
Probably didn't answer your question though, sorry.

Meticulous-Detail
11-24-2012, 03:51 PM
I did a black 2000 Ram 1500 Sport not too long ago. See link for full details.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/50304-my-new-favorite-1-step-killer-combo.html

jjj
11-24-2012, 06:05 PM

If u want quick all in one go for xmt 360. Top it with collinite 845 great durability. If u want top the 845 with a Nuba.

jjj
11-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Addition to other post. IMO I think a great full detail is wash with Cg cw , clay, polish/AIO, seal/coly 845, then a nuba topper or second coat, 845. Although I will admit for some reason last time I Nuba then 845. I think it looked better. May have been my imagination. It was a black car. Good luck.