PDA

View Full Version : dumb question

fusion orange
04-25-2007, 06:33 PM
what do you do with the clutter you run across in vehicles you detail?(umbrellas,bags,sun glasses,ink pens,unmounted satellite radio receivers,cell phone chargers,receipts,ect,ect)
I always put everything back as it was when I'm finished,which seems like defeating the purpose of cleaning the interior altogether.
I also put any paperwork and receipts in a yellow envelope so the owner can decide what is garbage and what is not.

budman3
04-25-2007, 06:40 PM
There are no dumb questions.... but check out the link below... lots of helpful tips on what to do with your client's personal belongings:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/detailing-forum/5410-organizing-vs-detailing.html

ScottB
04-25-2007, 06:40 PM
sell it on Ebay ... finders keepers . (just joking)

FloridaNative
04-25-2007, 06:55 PM
what do you do with the clutter you run across in vehicles you detail?(umbrellas,bags,sun glasses,ink pens,unmounted satellite radio receivers,cell phone chargers,receipts,ect,ect)
I always put everything back as it was when I'm finished,which seems like defeating the purpose of cleaning the interior altogether.
I also put any paperwork and receipts in a yellow envelope so the owner can decide what is garbage and what is not.

I always put that stuff in a big zip lock bag and seal the bag up and leave it on the floor on the passenger side. When they see the car after the detail, I want them to get the full impact of it. Hopefully they become inspired to keep their car that way. :)

Ong~Bak
04-25-2007, 09:03 PM
I make them sign as I am not responsible for lost items and tell them please remove all belongings, anything left will be disposed of.
I will provide the customer a bag to do so, all cash goes into the tip jar:awesome:
works out well.

Chai Yo

Kelso
04-25-2007, 09:08 PM
we usually put it in a plastic bag and put the bag back in the vehicle out of the way when were done

fusion orange
04-27-2007, 05:34 PM
There are no dumb questions.... but check out the link below... lots of helpful tips on what to do with your client's personal belongings:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/detailing-forum/5410-organizing-vs-detailing.html

thank you for the link
excessive clutter in a vehicle was usually never an issue for me untill last weekend,I never knew you could stuff so much crap into a CLK320.

Reddwarf
04-27-2007, 05:43 PM

True, there are no dumb questions, just dumb people asking questions! Ha HA HA! Just kidding! Im the MAN :p

sparkie
04-27-2007, 06:55 PM
True, there are no dumb questions, just dumb people asking questions! Ha HA HA! Just kidding! Im the MAN :p
Hey that's not nice to talk about me like that!:D HeeHee J/K

I usually put the stuff in a wal-mart bag, and leave it in the seat.

ltoman
04-27-2007, 11:49 PM
sell it on Ebay ... finders keepers . (just joking)
that is too funny!