PDA

View Full Version : oxy clean to clean towels?

Pages : [1] 2

Bags
04-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Anyone use oxy clean to wash their MF towels or pads? Also hot or cold water in the washer? I swear I read somewhere not to wash MF's in hot water, then I told someone else to wash theirs in cold water and someone else corrected and said yes to wash in hot water. Help me out here.

dengood1
04-25-2007, 06:12 PM
do not use any powder detergents! I wash my mf's in warm or hot water with no problems. Get yourself some Micro-restore----it's made for mf towels;)

klumzypinoy
04-25-2007, 06:18 PM
I've been washing them in hot water with Micro-Restore, and drying on low heat, with no problems :)

ryandamartini
04-25-2007, 06:19 PM
oxy clean first of all is not a detergent. it is a chemical concentrate that gently polishes off residue and grome of all sorts. It should be perfectly safe for you mf towels as it is made to be a spot remover for fine fabrics as well.

Stittville Ed
04-25-2007, 06:25 PM
You can also get a Oxy Clean Free.
I called and was told that it was for people who had any kind of reaction to whatever makes it smell nice or somthing like that.
Might be a little better for washing Micro Fibers
They have a 800 number on their web site

bambo2888
04-25-2007, 06:29 PM
microrestore and pinnalce micro rejuvenator FTW!

budman3
04-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Aren't most of the MF specific detergents just APCs? Anything without dyes, bleach or fabric softener can be used to clean MF towels. Warm or cold.... if you have clogged MF towels it is perfectly safe to let it soak in boiling water to release the product that was clogging the towel. MFs really aren't that delicate.

Bags- I use a scoop or two of Oxy Clean to clean my MF towels along with Tide detergent in the washing machine... works fine. I also fill up the sink with dawn and a scoop of Oxy Clean to clean my pads by hand.. absolutely no issues with the Oxy Clean... great stuff, IMO.

ScottB
04-25-2007, 06:38 PM
rejuvinators are very concentrated ... they are still my pick over all other current offerings.

Nuke33
04-25-2007, 06:39 PM
I use it and it works great, i add that a little high effencey detergen (HE Washer) and viniger to the rise cycle, i do double soap pree was double rinse and x2 spin too

but thats last stuff is not needed id do x2 sping and rinse if u can do it just make it easyer

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I have never tried it, I like to stick with cleaners that are dedicated to what they are suppose to clean-I use micro-restore, works great.

Jay Laub
04-25-2007, 07:12 PM
some MF towels tell you to wash in warmer water, and others say cold. i stick with the cold water just incase, and regular detergent works for me.

Bags
04-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Wow thanks for all the responses. I do have a small tub of the oxy free. Maybe I will start with the multi use MF's(the ones I use on the door jams and wheel wells).

budman3
04-25-2007, 07:46 PM
some MF towels tell you to wash in warmer water, and others say cold. i stick with the cold water just incase, and regular detergent works for me.

The hot water won't hurt the towels... it is actually good for it. The hot water allows the fibers to release whatever is in them. Don't use too much detergent (whatever you use, dawn, oxy, tide, MF restore, Charlies Soap, APC) because it all may not rinse out... A little vinegar before the rinse cycle wouldn't hurt either.

Bags
04-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Yea I have been using the vinegar in my rinse for a while now and I have been washing my towels in hot water. I do dry them in the dryer on low or no heat with 2 dryer balls. I think if heat were going to hurt the fibers it would be in the dryer. just my thoughts.

dengood1
04-25-2007, 08:32 PM
I've always been told not to use a powder type detergent because the some of the grains may not break down and can actually get stuck in the fibers of the towel. NOT good for your finish. Keep the detergents liquid just to be safe. I always have used regular liquid detergents (tide, cheer, etc.) with 1/2 cup of degreaser with no problems. Just got some micro-restore this week and it works great! Do not dry your mf's with high heat as it can damage the fibers of the towel.