PDA

View Full Version : Mac Questions

BobbyG
11-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Hopefully someone here besides me uses a Mac and can provide a little insight to my problem...

I have a cheat sheet that I created in 2010 Microsoft Word. This sheet is comprised of products and links so when I copy and paste them the reader is able to simply click on that link and it takes them right to the product page..This work well on all Windows based computers but not on my Mac Book Pro...

Using the same Microsoft Word file I copy the information in exactly the same way I do on my Dell yet when I paste it here on the forum the links become just text...I am using Microsoft Word 2010 for Mac's and the links are active within the file itself.

What would cause these links to become just test once they're pasted into a thread or post here and how would I fix this?

PS...This is my first Mach Book Pro...

Thanks in advance!

Mike Phillips
11-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Hopefully someone here besides me uses a Mac and can provide a little insight to my problem...

I have a cheat sheet that I created in 2010 Microsoft Word. This sheet is comprised of products and links so when I copy and paste them the reader is able to simply click on that link and it takes them right to the product page..This work well on all Windows based computers but not on my Mac Book Pro...

Using the same Microsoft Word file I copy the information in exactly the same way I do on my Dell yet when I paste it here on the forum the links become just text...I am using Microsoft Word 2010 for Mac's and the links are active within the file itself.

What would cause these links to become just test once they're pasted into a thread or post here and how would I fix this?

PS...This is my first Mach Book Pro...

Thanks in advance!

You've joined the dark side....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/Darth-Vader-Reads-His-Mail-On-A-Mac.jpg

:laughing:

My next computer will be a Mac computer so I'm right behind you. I'll send the link to this to Yancy, he's incredibly busy but a Mac wizard too...

:)

BobbyG
11-20-2012, 12:15 PM
So Cool! :laughing:

Thanks Mike!! :props:

slapshot
11-20-2012, 02:22 PM
I can't help you're problem, but I went MacBook Pro last year and LOVE it. Much more stable than Windows with no daily updates. It does take a little time to learn the differences, but well worth it.

BobbyG
11-20-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm getting used to most of its nuances but every once in a while I'm coming across something that leaves me scratching my head....:confused:

Hope Yancy can help....

Evan.J
11-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Im working on this bobby To see what I can come up with

Bill1234
11-20-2012, 04:56 PM
I purchased mac a while back, while it was state of the art at the time, it was not worth the price I paid for it. I then saved my money and bought an alienware pc. Preforms flawlessly. I just can really use macs. However, to copy and paste on a mac its control c and the control v. The reason the hyperlink is not working is becuase it probably removes it. Macs have their own way that makes it seperate from their pc counterparts.

Evan.J
11-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Bobby Try placing all that you have into the TextEdit program. I tried and I see an option to copy link. See if that helps.

aalbs
11-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Something else to try would be to copy the info in Word and then instead of just using command+v to paste in your browser, click Edit - 'Paste and Match Style' and see if that holds your formatting when you click to Preview the post