PDA

View Full Version : need some help on blackfire products

belprk1971
11-19-2012, 10:16 PM
As I am new to detailing and recently found the Autogeek website . I have spent hours reading the forums and have now ordered a bunch of BlackFire products. What I would like to see if someone can help me with the order I should apply the products. I may have bought some of the same stuff with different names.
Here is what I have done.
1. Washed car -WD conditioning shampoo
2. clayed entire car
3.Blackfire Finishing polish
4.Blackfire Wet Diamond all finish Paint Protection5.
5. Midnight Sun Ivory Paste wax.

Ok , things look great , but, when was I supposed to do the Crystal Seal and do I use the Midnight Sun Instant Detailer or the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray after my weekly washes.

Thanks for your advice , this is a great website . Thanks

mwoolfso
11-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Welcome!

From my perspective you have a little bit of overlap in your products but it is manageable.

Crystal Seal (CSPS) is a paint sealant; typically this is applied after polishing and before applying a wax. Also, consider with any sealant that applying a wax is not mandatory. It's all based on personal preference.

Midnight Sun Instant Detailer (MSID) is exactly that; an instant detailer. These types of detailing products are very close to waterless washes, and depending on the product manufacturer they can be one-in-the-same. You would use this product in place of a washing step. That said, you wouldn't use this product after running your car through a mud bath.

Wet Diamond Polymer Spray (WDPS) seems to be a quick detailer; which does the same thing as MSID but the cleaners are not as strong. For the home-user with 1-2 vehicles, you probably wouldn't need an Instant Detailer and a Quick Detailer in your inventory.

In place of your weekly washes, you can simply use WDPS or MSID on a weekly basis depending on how much dirt and grime is on the vehicle.

In summary:

1- BFWD and CSPS are both sealants; so some overlap.
2- MSID and WDPS are both detailers with some variation in cleaning strength and polymer protection left.

Hope this helps.

cpmatthew
11-20-2012, 07:58 AM
not to much to add to what mwoolfso already said. I use BF on my cars and have been happy with it. If you follow BF's instructions and let the Wet Diamond cure for 8 hours and then top with two coats of Midnight Sun wax, it will really pop.

I use the MSID once or twice per week on my DD to keep the bugs and road dirt off.

BobbyG
11-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Welcome!

From my perspective you have a little bit of overlap in your products but it is manageable.

Crystal Seal (CSPS) is a paint sealant; typically this is applied after polishing and before applying a wax. Also, consider with any sealant that applying a wax is not mandatory. It's all based on personal preference.

Midnight Sun Instant Detailer (MSID) is exactly that; an instant detailer. These types of detailing products are very close to waterless washes, and depending on the product manufacturer they can be one-in-the-same. You would use this product in place of a washing step. That said, you wouldn't use this product after running your car through a mud bath.

Wet Diamond Polymer Spray (WDPS) seems to be a quick detailer; which does the same thing as MSID but the cleaners are not as strong. For the home-user with 1-2 vehicles, you probably wouldn't need an Instant Detailer and a Quick Detailer in your inventory.

In place of your weekly washes, you can simply use WDPS or MSID on a weekly basis depending on how much dirt and grime is on the vehicle.

In summary:

1- BFWD and CSPS are both sealants; so some overlap.
2- MSID and WDPS are both detailers with some variation in cleaning strength and polymer protection left.

Hope this helps.

Great Summary!! :dblthumb2: :dblthumb2:

07gtcs
11-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I use the poly spray after a hose wash to amp up the shine. The instant detailer I use for quick wipe downs, usually after the car has been outside for the day or been at the car show all day. If its a show car..... wash, poly spray, if your QD has carnauba in it.... there is your shine!