PDA

View Full Version : Florida Keys

Pages : [1] 2

Lone_Star
04-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Ok, I am trying to schedule a 6 day stay in Key West. Knowing that AG is in Florida, I was hoping a few of ya'll could give some recommendations for my stay. Where to stay? Where to get adult beverages? Etc... Thanks!

Meghan
04-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Ok, I am trying to schedule a 6 day stay in Key West. Knowing that AG is in Florida, I was hoping a few of ya'll could give some recommendations for my stay. Where to stay? Where to get adult beverages? Etc... Thanks!
I am heading that way for my Bday next month, when you going? I can assist you with yummy beverage locations!:cheers:

Lone_Star
04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
I am going for my bday as well, but that is not until July 1st. i will be staying over through the 4th.

Russecu
04-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Went there a few year ago for Spring Break. If I remember correctly:confused: Duval St. has plenty of places for drinks. I personally like to find the hidden gems and local bars. More fun and sometimes a little cheaper. Although we did bring enough adult bevs. to last the week. lol Went to eat a Margaritaville and didn't like it. Service sucked and food was terrible. Thats about all I remember.

Lone_Star
04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
I personally like to find the hidden gems and local bars. More fun and sometimes a little cheaper.

Me too! I hate to go on vacation and eat at chilis or outback. but I also want to eat good food.

jfsully
04-25-2007, 02:12 PM
The Marquesa is a great place to stay just off Duval, very near everything but a bit of quiet from the insanity of the "Conch Republic" . Marquesa.com - Marquesa Hotel and Cafe in Key West, Florida - Florida Keys (http://www.marquesa.com)

The junior suites above the garage are the best IMHO.

Blue Heaven is an interesting restaurant off the beaten track but walking distance from Duval.

Make sure you take in the sunset at the pier every evening. There used to be a singer, Mustafa, who has a very soothing voice and is a very nice man.

Its a great place to visit and you wont want to leave once you get into the routine.

Meghan
04-25-2007, 02:18 PM
The Marquesa is a great place to stay just off Duval, very near everything but a bit of quiet from the insanity of the "Conch Republic" . Marquesa.com - Marquesa Hotel and Cafe in Key West, Florida - Florida Keys (http://www.marquesa.com)

That is nice but out of my Keys Price Range!

Lone_Star
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Me too. Maybe I should mention that I am trying to do this on a fairly tight budget, and don't plan on spending but maybe 4 hours a day in the hotel.

Meghan
04-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Me too. Maybe I should mention that I am trying to do this on a fairly tight budget, and don't plan on spending but maybe 4 hours a day in the hotel.
IN that case El Patio Motel! Old as dirt but very clean! And very cheap!

ScottB
04-25-2007, 07:06 PM
We always stay at the Casa Marina on the water with private beach. Not cheap, but vacations are not meant to be cheap. The Southern Most Hotel is not bad for less expensive visits.

Great thing about drinking, you cannot possibly miss it. All of Duval street is lined. Favorites include Fat Tuesday, Sloppy Joes, and .... (forgot the name). Make time coming or going to hit Isle Morada and the Tiki Bar. Best Hurricanes and Rum Runners made, and 151 floaters are their specialty.

Id love to remove the top ... and cruise down right now !! Drag racing on Card Sound Road is rip roaring when traffic is not being diverted from US1 , just between buddies !!

Surfer
04-25-2007, 07:26 PM
We have a house there, wanna party LOL

Meghan
04-25-2007, 08:10 PM
We have a house there, wanna party LOL
You forgot to tell the wifey!

Gary Sword
04-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Key West is ok if all's you want to do is party and get drunk. About 1 day in Key West is enough for me. When I go to the keys it's always to go diving. I usually go to Marathon and perfer to stay on any key but Key West. The beachs are and bars are way better where if live. Key West is ok if you want to go see some strange people. If you really want to get wild and see some strange people wait and go to Fantasy Fest. They do have some nice art galaries on Duval St.

Surfer
04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Agree, last time I was at Key West was for Fantasy Fest, bunch of wackos lol. Otherwise I've hardly ever gone there. Our place is in Key Largo. Key Largo, Isla Marada, Marathon etc are so laid back and relaxing, Key West is too touristy. I actually haven't been down to the Key's in awhile, damn work, need a break lol.

Fantasy Fest = Transvestite Fest:eek: :eek:

wytstang
04-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Hit the Tiki Bar they have great Rum Runners and Pain in the A$$ (yes thats the name) drinks. Here's a tip Once you get to Florida City (my ex home town) US1 is the only way in and out of the Keys. Well when you See "Last Chance" bar/saloon you will see a road off to the left. Thats Car Sound Road that road reconnects to US1 but you miss most of the traffic and you can speed (with in reason :D 120mph ;) ). Take Car Sound all the way to the end ($1 toll) make a right, that road will reconnect with US1 about 20min +/- later. Now don't know what you budget is but for a really "Key West" dinning I really like Sun Downers (sea food sundownerskeylargo.com) they have great food and great drinks (I like the Captain's Platter). Good luck and if a hot girl is checking you out look for an Adams Apple :D