PDA

View Full Version : Just curious, pros with black paint.

Paul@F.T.D
11-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Anyone else who details professionally have a black vehicle? My shop truck is white but my caddy is black car drives me crazy and even becomes distracting at times while working on clients vehicles. I think I tend to obsess a bit lol but it is what it is just wanted to see if anyone else has the same problem? :buffing:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-18-2012, 09:12 PM
I have the same problem as both of my BMW's have soft black paint. I use the Black light/V07 combo to keep them up to par.

Paul@F.T.D
12-12-2012, 06:52 PM
I have the same problem as both of my BMW's have soft black paint. I use the Black light/V07 combo to keep them up to par.

Yeah I have not tryd the black light yet or the V07 I thanks man I think ill see how it is. My car has soft clear as well but theres alot of it ( Stripped to metal and repainted).

rustytruck
12-12-2012, 07:47 PM
I thought all detailers owned silver or gray cars. Black looks good for about a day after it's been detailed.

6supersport7
12-12-2012, 09:19 PM
I own a 67 chevelle ss that is black and soft. Thankfully it sits in its own garage 90% of the time and is a show/cruise car only.

Evan.J
12-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Black Sierra Denali and black BMW Z4. I do my best to keep up with it but as it goes I would rather go make money doing a car than do my own for free. I use BFWD and BFMS to keep both in good condition and was with DP Rineless Wash and Gloss

Paul@F.T.D
01-20-2013, 09:43 PM
I thought all detailers owned silver or gray cars. Black looks good for about a day after it's been detailed.

Its a royal P.I.A its not driven often but I pull it out of the shop daily and put it directly in the sun so the clients can look at it so it always has to be perfect. I'll tell you one thing it works, I have had many new customers look at it and immediately schedule an appoint.

Paul@F.T.D
01-20-2013, 09:47 PM
I own a 67 chevelle ss that is black and soft. Thankfully it sits in its own garage 90% of the time and is a show/cruise car only.

Same case here only time I drive it is to go for a quick blast or to a cruise night.