PDA

View Full Version : Reliable pressure washer

Bill1234
11-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Hi all, I am working a par time job as a teenage, but I have auto detailing as a hobby. I am looking for a reliable pressure washer for around 100-110 dollars. I need it to be electric and possibly be able to attach foam lance to it , any ideas?

01chevys10zr2
11-18-2012, 06:24 PM
I would look on craigslist. I bought a 2600 psi 5hp honda pressure washer with wand, hose, and adjustable nozzle. The thing is only a couple years old and works great, i bought it for $120. Im sure you can find one thats electric for around that price.

Johny B
11-18-2012, 07:15 PM
I would look on craigslist. I bought a 2600 psi 5hp honda pressure washer with wand, hose, and adjustable nozzle. The thing is only a couple years old and works great, i bought it for $120. Im sure you can find one thats electric for around that price.

Quite a good deal 01chevys10zr2.

Not easy to choose a reliable pressure washer.
http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com...263/p6154.html (http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/MTM-Hydro-14.0263/p6154.html)

TrKent
11-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Just remember when you're looking to go for GPM over PSI.
PSI is nice. Mine has 2100 which is more than enough but only 1.2 GPM which is horrible for rinsing. Next year I'll be buying a more industrial electric unit with 4 gpm

yakky
11-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Reliable for under $250 is a model from Costco, utilizing their liberal return policy. Cheap pressure washers are junk after a year or two.

DCOutdoors
11-19-2012, 05:38 PM
PSI is nice. Mine has 2100 which is more than enough but only 1.2 GPM which is horrible for rinsing. Next year I'll be buying a more industrial electric unit with 4 gpm

You are sooooo right... There is very little you will need more pressure than 2000 psi... The gpm is what will rinse and give the umph you need to do a good job. In fact, there is a good chance you are getting more gpm from your house water and it will rinse better than a lower gpm washer.

Try this: use your water hose to fill a five gallon bucket and make sure to time it. If it is full in 30-seconds, you are getting 10 gpm. A minimum gpm to shoot for when buying apressure washer is no less than 4 gpm... 5+ is better. Envirospec has some awesome deals going on if you want a higher end washer. If you want to go for a little less professional, there are a couple of places you can get a pretty good deal.

Be careful about buying second hand, you don't know what they ran through the pump or anything else for that matter. Just my 2-cents...

Johny B
11-19-2012, 07:34 PM

I can't find 4GPM washer except if I'm willing to buy an industrial one and note sure to find one. If you have a link it would be appreciated.

neat e34
11-20-2012, 04:03 AM
I had the base-model Karcher K2.080 for 3-4 years, using almost weekly. $99AUD here. Never gave me a problem, only changed for an upgrade, mainly for hose length, built in reel, etc

Now using a Karcher K5.650 (for roughly 6 months) & haven't had a problem with that either...

I always make sure to turn water on, pressure washer off & "prime the pump" by keeping the trigger open to get all air out of the pump, lines, etc before powering up...

DCOutdoors
11-20-2012, 06:46 AM
I can't find 4GPM washer except if I'm willing to buy an industrial one and note sure to find one. If you have a link it would be appreciated.

Try www.envirospec.com and go to closeouts. This is where I got mine and all of my chemicals and add-ons.

Pressure Washers Supplies and Power Washing Equipment For Mobile Powerwashers From Powerwash com (http://www.powerwash.com) is a great source.

I think Sams club has a pro model that you can order.

Keep in mind, these are professional grade and designed to work hard every day and will last a long time. If you are only wanting to do an occasional undercarriage you might try home depot or Lowes for a DeWalt or something similar for a couple of hundred less.