PDA

View Full Version : How much clear coat will....remove

hoyt66
11-16-2012, 06:05 PM
How much clear coat will Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 remove if I use a say a

"blue" pad on a PC Da? Paint is in great shape with a few light scratches here or

there. Paint has only been polished once before. Could you polish once a year??

Thanks

Rsurfer
11-16-2012, 06:36 PM
How much clear coat will Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 remove if I use a say a

"blue" pad on a PC Da? Paint is in great shape with a few light scratches here or

there. Paint has only been polished once before. Could you polish once a year??

Thanks

Hardly anything (1-2 microns maybe). You might need a polishing pad (white) to remove light scratches. Try the blue and see what happens. Yes you can polish once a year, most will clay and polish twice a year.

rmagnus
11-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Is this a trick question? Most blue pads have no cut and a finishing glaze doesn't have any abrasives so the answer is none. Even a PC with yellow pad and M105 doesn't remove that much clear. DAs are designed to be very safe.

Now don't go crazy, use proper technique and pressure. This is the love hate thing about a PC, use too much pressure and the pad stops it's orbital rotation and vibrates. The reason it's a love hate thing is it doesn't take that much pressure to stop it. The love is you aren't going to mess up your car!

Rsurfer
11-16-2012, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=rmagnus;766319]Is this a trick question? Most blue pads have no cut and a finishing glaze doesn't have any abrasives so the answer is none.

My Wolfgang Finishing Glaze indicates mild diminishing abrasives. It may be on the light side, but it does cut.

rmagnus
11-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Thank you, I stand corrected but my answer remains the same, the clear is in no danger with this combo.

Rsurfer
11-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Thank you, I stand corrected but my answer remains the same, the clear is in no danger with this combo.
:iagree::xyxthumbs:

hoyt66
11-17-2012, 04:56 AM
Sorry, it's not a trick question. I don't have a lot of experience with a machine and want to error to the side of caution. Thanks for the answer.

Vegas Transplant
11-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Another way to look at it is to PM someone you trust, say BobbyG for example, and ask him how many times (ballpark) has he polished out the silver truck in the years that he's owned it. Leaves no shadow of doubt.