PDA

View Full Version : Megs DC1 paint cleaner?

Dirtyrango212
11-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Ok guys I asked this question in another post but I wanted to know where amongst other paint cleaners does this stand? Really its the only one I've used and Imo its great. But again haven't tried any others so :dunno: your thoughts?

Shawn T.
11-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Well its discontinued for several years now. But, it was your average paint cleaner. It has some chemical and abrasive properties. Similar to other paint cleaners but was much more affordable.

Dirtyrango212
11-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Well its discontinued for several years now. But, it was your average paint cleaner. It has some chemical and abrasive properties. Similar to other paint cleaners but was much more affordable.

Discontinued yes has it been for that long? I recently picked up 2 bottles from B- -ney's for $4 each ;') and yea I was surprised to see it but there still out there??

FUNX650
11-17-2012, 08:49 AM
ok guys i asked this question in another post but i wanted to know where amongst other paint cleaners does this stand?

-In that referenced thread where you posted your Meg's DC1 question...

-I posted that, IMHO, it is an excellent, very mildly aggressive polish...
Regardless of the nomenclature used by Meg's to market this product.

-BTW: I still stand by my statement thereof!

(Please see A30's MSDS below.)

well its discontinued for several years now.

-It has?!?! Not so discontinued-for-sale, in my neck of the woods!!!

-Besides @ my local auto parts stores...

I can purchase A30 online everyday of the week!
For example:@ Meguiar's direct

MSDS Meg's DC1:

Product Name: A30 - Deep Crystal Cleaner
Use of the Substance/Preparation
Recommended use: Polishing agent/Burnishing compound.

2. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
Chemical nature of the preparation

Components..............................CAS#...... .......%Wgt
Isoparaffinic Hydrocarbon........64742-47-8...........5-15
Hydrotreated Distillate............64742-46-7..........5-15
Calcined Kaolin Clay...............66402-68-4...........5-10
Glycerine...............................56-81-5................5-10

:)

Bob

Setec Astronomy
11-17-2012, 08:57 AM
I think they reformulated DC1 to be VOC compliant. However at that time they stopped making the Medallion paint cleaner, and Body Scrub, both of which were "stronger" than DC1 (probably more/different solvent content).

Meticulous-Detail
11-17-2012, 05:40 PM
For what it is worth, I just used Megs Paint Cleaner today on a 13 black Camry and it worked very well. I used a white polishing pad and it was black by the time I was done. I then hit it with D151 and topped it with D5105. Came out really nice.