PDA

View Full Version : INFO WANTED: Duragloss (Detail) #921 vs (AW) #951

paivag
04-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Ok just trying to determine if my shelf requires these 2 products. I know AW #951 is more of a wax or LSP and #921 is just a detail spray. I want to get some opinions from some of the Duragloss gurus here why I would need to have both?

I would think AW #951 would be the product to have and it will serve as a LSP and a detail spray after washes. Is that not the case?

Thank you for your responses - George

Meghan
04-25-2007, 07:55 AM
This is a question for Sparkie!

Al-53
04-25-2007, 08:17 AM
the AW #951 is a non cleaning spray sealant...used monthly to 6 weeks ..it will layer so if you use it weekly you may get a muting effect from layers building up..gives a great slick feeling and a nice wet look ....its best used on dry paint for better durability...DG told me they have panels that have gone 8 weeks with a weekly wash and exposed to elements 24/7 ...but they also use DG shampoo which compliments the DG products...

Fast Clean and Shine is a QD+ type product that has a cleaner in it and also a polymer like AW in it but not as concentrated...this can be used weekly after a wash or in between washes to clean lite dirt and dust off the paint...it will give to the same gloss and slickness of AW but not last as long..

Useing the DG 901 shampoo with AW is best as the shampoo has polymer properties also to extend the life span of the AW...not harsh

Duragloss AW

is formulated to wax after washing in one easy step. Duragloss AW produces a high gloss, durable finish with minimal effort. Contains no abrasives. Clear Coat safe.

Duragloss FC (Fast Clean & Shine)

Is formulated to remove dust and light soil from painted surfaces without scratching or removing durable polishes. Actually bonds with the polish for added gloss and durability

Al

Larry A
04-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Depending on how clean you want your car, I would AW once a month, and use FAST CLEAN N SHINE EVERY WEEK>

AUdakota
04-25-2007, 09:26 AM
if you top a carnuba with AW doesnt it come off with a wash anyways?

Al-53
04-25-2007, 09:45 AM
if you top a carnuba with AW doesnt it come off with a wash anyways?

No....it is enhanced to work with it..it has a synthetic resin that mimics wax also..sorta like poly seal it is a polymer sealant/wax combo..a hybrid product...there are polymers in alot of waxs also..just how the polymer is formulated is how it works....AW will not last as long on a wax ..cause most waxes are short lived ..with the exception of a few ..

Petes53 wax is a wax/polymer combo..so is the XXX wax...The unique blend of oils and liquid crystal polymers is specially formulated to bring out dark and metallic colors.

The magic of chemistry...

another hybrid..HT-120 Bahama Mama
A thick, liquid, carnauba wax blended
with polymers that produces that wet look
appearance.

AL

Jimmie
04-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Al and Sparkie are the go to guys for Duragloss info. AW is my choice because I use it a lot on chrome wheels/bumpers as well as to top DG#105.

Mike T
04-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Well damn, I been using AW on a weekly bases. I didn't think it actually stood up that long.

Bulla2000
04-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Till today I have used the Prima Hydro. Now my ordered bottles of DG AW are at home and so Í´ll try the AW next weekend to see which is better of those.

ScottB
04-25-2007, 07:09 PM
I like the Fast/Clean more than Aquawax. Its lighter and works well as a quick detailer or gloss additive. Never got the addtl durability most offered from AW, it seemed to wash off the surface at first wash also.

Surfer
04-25-2007, 07:23 PM
I can definitley say AW last around 2 months, our silver Lincoln maintained the look and beading of AW alone for about a month and a half. The detail spray is awsome as well.

Larry A
04-25-2007, 08:13 PM
I get at least a month out of AW. FCnS is a excelent qd.

sparkie
04-25-2007, 10:51 PM
This is a question for Sparkie!
I'm here! Been playing fireman! Daddy Al took care of things!:D