PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang sealant.

Pages : [1] 2

supercharged
05-23-2006, 12:47 AM
I clayed my car, and resealed it; previously used NXT by Meguiar's (it was allright), - I've blown away by WG... It's a supersealant in a bottle!!!:righton: The more I use it - the more I love it! So far done 2 coats (10-11 hours cure in between), and planning to give it another coat tomorow, then layer up Souveran.

Meghan
05-23-2006, 07:27 AM
Wolfgang is really amazing, that I will agree with you on. But when you put a coat of Souveran on top, it will be ABSOLUTELY amazing!! :Picture:

JeffW
05-23-2006, 07:29 AM
I clayed my car, and resealed it; previously used NXT by Meguiar's (it was allright), - I've blown away by WG... It's a supersealant in a bottle!!!:righton: The more I use it - the more I love it! So far done 2 coats (10-11 hours cure in between), and planning to give it another coat tomorow, then layer up Souveran.

Yep, it's happened to me, too... I love the stuff. It's what I started detailing with about a year ago, then ventured to many of the other popular products but came back to WG a couple months ago and plan to keep it my main product. Unlike you, however, I don't top with waxes so that I can easily add more layers of WG down the road (app applied or spray). When I did top, I used NB and WOW!

Surfer
05-23-2006, 09:00 AM
I don't top with waxes so that I can easily add more layers of WG down the road (app applied or spray). When I did top, I used NB and WOW!I was just about mto ask how WG would look topped with Natty's. I almost picked up some WG when I had a few orders but kept hearing it attracted a lot of dust? Your guys thoughts on that?

Gotta say, I have EX-P topped with Natty's Blue right now and wow. Truck had beads all over it this morning, got to the office (10-15 min drive). And it look as if I had just cleaned it, water just came right off.

Meghan
05-23-2006, 09:17 AM
I almost picked up some WG when I had a few orders but kept hearing it attracted a lot of dust? Your guys thoughts on that?

Surfer that is not a problem I have every had with WG, my SUV doesnt fit in the garage so it stays outside 24/7 and I cannot say I have ever noticed a dust problem.:righton: IMO Wolfgang...:awesome: Rocks!

Surfer
05-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Surfer that is not a problem I have every had with WG, my SUV doesnt fit in the garage so it stays outside 24/7 and I cannot say I have ever noticed a dust problem.:righton: IMO Wolfgang...:awesome: Rocks!whats up with that phrase, your letting the flipflops get to your head;) :D

Cool, maybe next order I'll get some. I kept hearing it attracted dust/dirt easily which turned me off at first since obviously we're in South Florida. Especially taking A1A a lot, pretty easy to get a light dusting of sand.

Meghan
05-23-2006, 10:03 AM
It must be the sun! Lots of it Sunday!!!;) I am heading your way tomorrow want me to deliver some Wolfgang?! :p

Bill D
05-23-2006, 01:13 PM
whats up with that phrase, your letting the flipflops get to your head;) :D

Cool, maybe next order I'll get some. I kept hearing it attracted dust/dirt easily which turned me off at first since obviously we're in South Florida. Especially taking A1A a lot, pretty easy to get a light dusting of sand.

I experience the same here more north in Central FL. Yes, A1A can be the culprit for dusting, makes me :mad: at times. It's still a breathtaking ride and I have no regrets about moving down here.

JeffW
05-23-2006, 02:09 PM
I was just about mto ask how WG would look topped with Natty's. I almost picked up some WG when I had a few orders but kept hearing it attracted a lot of dust? Your guys thoughts on that?

Gotta say, I have EX-P topped with Natty's Blue right now and wow. Truck had beads all over it this morning, got to the office (10-15 min drive). And it look as if I had just cleaned it, water just came right off.

Dust. Dust. Dust. It's attracted to all my cars regardless of which sealant I use. Oh, and grass clippings, too. I find that the fresher the layer of QD is on the cars the less this is a problem...I typically will use my California Duster each evening and quickly do a QD to keep it looking good and keep the slickness going.

Must say, when I regularly used waxes my preferences were NB (deepens), OCW (ease of using a spray wax), and Max Wax (glossiness that looks very good on top of WG). But, IMO, nothing beats the combination of ease and results of untopped WG.

dengood1
06-27-2006, 08:52 PM
How does Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant compare to 4 Star UPP, Poorboys EX-P, Klasse SG or other sealants? I want to get some sealant, but want to make sure I'm getting the best for my $$. Thanks for your input:cheers: It seems Klasse is the most finicky and hardest to use?

Dennis

abrcrombe
06-27-2006, 08:58 PM
We should probably throw in Klasse SG in to make it tougher. I only have experience with SG, and I like it a lot. Tough to get right in the beginning, but works great once you get the hang of it.

supercharged
06-28-2006, 02:34 AM
How does Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant compare to 4 Star UPP, Poorboys EX-P, Klasse SG or other sealants? I want to get some sealant, but want to make sure I'm getting the best for my $$. Thanks for your input:cheers: It seems Klasse is the most finicky and hardest to use?

Dennis
UPP is best on flat paints, WG on metallics,
never experienced EX-P, SG is the most durable sealant, but pain in the A$$ to remove.

abrcrombe
06-28-2006, 03:23 PM
It gets easier to remove the more familiar you are with it. I had huge problems in the beginning, but now I am fine. Have you had a different experience?

supercharged
06-28-2006, 03:36 PM
If you mean in depth of gloss - yes! As you layer it up - synthetic shine seems to go away...But it's still far from Souveran.

abrcrombe
06-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Oh, I meant what is your experience with Klasse SG and it being difficult to remove. Most sealants don't compare to waxes in depth and gloss and shine and I can go on...