PDA

View Full Version : quick detailer than spray wax

matryx
11-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Today I just quick detail my car using ONR mix at quick detailer ratio 16:1

I was basically using it as a waterless wash actually. I was wondering after this step would it be a good idea to spray some Aquawax on top or should I only use that after a good clean wash?

Also I have some LC flat pads sitting in a bucket with dawn. Not really sure how to clean the pads. I bought the
Chemical Guys Foam Pad Conditioning Brush not really sure how to use this though.

matryx
11-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Forgot to mention that I previously applied PB Black Hole and Collinite 845 last week

vman
11-15-2012, 07:51 PM
It should be no problem as long as the car is clean

matryx
11-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Thanks. Not sure if I was inducing more scratches or swirls when I was using the ONR quick detailer. The towel didn't really glide across the paint. It was like 6 degrees Celsius yesterday when I was using it. Not sure if that makes a difference.

What is the proper way to use a quick detailer in this kind of weather?

vman
11-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks. Not sure if I was inducing more scratches or swirls when I was using the ONR quick detailer. The towel didn't really glide across the paint. It was like 6 degrees Celsius yesterday when I was using it. Not sure if that makes a difference.

What is the proper way to use a quick detailer in this kind of weather?

ONR just isn't that great when used as a quick detailer. I bought it for that purpose at first and was disappointed at how it performed but didn't throw it away as it has so many other uses. I would recommend checking out ultima waterless wash or pinnacles waterless wash with carnauba. The difference in drag is pretty significant and you'll feel it immediately on the first wipe as those two are much slicker.

I don't live in a climate that's near freezing but I would just work in small sections so that the water doesn't freeze. Use a liberal amount of product and work quick but carefully!