PDA

View Full Version : Waxing wheels question

spike
11-15-2012, 02:42 PM
I have wheels like this on my acura tl:

http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/attachments/f101/28191d1297287625-2004-acura-tl-oem-wheels-tire-pic-2-again.jpg

And I was wondering...when you wax/seal them, do you apply the wax to just the outer edges of the wheel, or do you need to reach your hand all the way back into the wheel and wax all the parts that you can reach? I've never owned a car with "open" wheels like this, and I'm just curious how you guys handle this. I have a Daytona wheel brush that I use to get the inside clean with, but I don't know if you need to seal all they way back in there with a wax. Thanks!

Finemess
11-15-2012, 02:50 PM
You can take them off and scrub them up real good and seal front and back. Then after that I just do the pretty bits.

RhetoricMixes
11-15-2012, 02:52 PM
I dont have the equipment to take off my tires but if i did i would clean them completely and then seal them every few months. Right now i only seal the face of the wheel and not behind the spokes.

spike
11-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I don't have the means to take them off either. So assuming that I am not taking them off, is it Ok to just wax the parts you can reach, and not behind the spokes?

RhetoricMixes
11-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I don't have the means to take them off either. So assuming that I am not taking them off, is it Ok to just wax the parts you can reach, and not behind the spokes?

Like i said before thats exactly what i do. It wont harm the wheels at all, youll just get more dirt behind the spokes than on top of them