PDA

View Full Version : My First Time

thrownout27
11-15-2012, 12:52 PM
I was hoping that you all could give me your thoughts and I'd hope that Mike or Ray or anyone else at AG could give me thoughts as well. I have a 2012 Dodge Charger, SXT Plus with Redline 3 paint. We were lucky in that we could really go and get the exact car we wanted after doing 6 months of research and visiting every dealer within 200 miles of Asheville, NC. I am 36 years old with a loving wife of 13 years with a child at 7 years old. This car is my favorite car I've ever owned and I can't tell you how much we are all so proud to own it.
With that said, I have purchased the following materials.
-DA polisher (Meguiars)
-LC Pads (HT Crimson, Cyan, Tangerine)
-Meguiars Microfiber pad kit
-Meguiars Pads: 2.0 cutting, 2.0 polishing, 2.0 finishing, Soft buff finishing
-LC CSS Light Orange- light cutting
-Cobra - White Poilishing, Gray Finishing, Red Finishing
- Pinnacle: A Swirl remover, A Finishing Polish, Paste Souveran Wax, Ultra Clay and Lube
-Wolfgang: Paint Sealant 3.0, Paintwork Polish,
-Meguiars: Ultra Compound, Ultra Polish, Scratch X
- Variety of applicators and towels along with interior products.

Here's the question. On my specific car that is less than a year old with a few very minor scratches/swirls but some Type 2 water spots, how do I proceed based on my conditions and list of materials? Been ready for a while but still have some new- to-the-deal anxiety.

cleanmycorolla
11-15-2012, 12:56 PM
The best way to approach any car, new or old is once you have what products you want to use in mind, do a test spot.

See Mike's articles on doing a test spot. Test spot helps gauge what level of aggressiveness or methods you should use. They helped me in my rookie days of polishing!

I think everyone faces the anxiety of using a polisher, but after your first section pass you'll wonder why you hyped it up so much to yourself!

But like I said, take what products you'd like to use and do a test spot, and go from there!

Also post pics when you're done, we all love pics of detailed rides

And welcome!