PDA

View Full Version : REMOVING products already in spray bottles

brentech
11-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Anyone changed the bottle to one of their own?

Lots of products come in odd shaped containers instead of a simple tube with sprayer. I'm wondering how I can remove the caps from these things to easily pour into my own bottles.

I feel like an idiot, but I get the feeling some brands really just want their product in their own container (understandable to a degree, but not always practical when their container is shaped like a wave). Is there a trick to getting those seemingly locked lids with sprayers off?

Please tell me I'm missing something simple.

wgilles
11-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Hmm...I know some of the Meg's bottles are covered by the sprayer and if you squeeze hard as you twist they come off. Maybe try that?

brentech
11-15-2012, 11:44 AM
One of the products was a Megs indeed. I tried vice grips and it would only turn about an 1/8 turn before it locked me down, but yeah. I'll try more of a squeeze and turn instead of just pure grip.

Thanks.

BorisC
11-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Cut a hole into the top and another in the bottom of the bottle & drain into your spray bottle. Use a funnel so you don't spill.

brentech
11-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Cut a hole into the top and another in the bottom of the bottle & drain into your spray bottle. Use a funnel so you don't spill.

I'm glad someone said this, because it's essentially what I did last night.
I drilled holes in a bottle, but figured there had to be a way to remove those damn spray caps. Seems some can come off with vice grips, others really seem locked on there.

ShinyRex
11-15-2012, 10:29 PM
I rebottle almost all of my chemicals except chemical guys (because they use the same bottle type I like). I just like having them all in uniform bottles.

If I can't force the top off I just cut the bottle open with a box cutter and pour it into the new container.

brentech
11-15-2012, 10:33 PM
I rebottle almost all of my chemicals except chemical guys (because they use the same bottle type I like). I just like having them all in uniform bottles.

If I can't force the top off I just cut the bottle open with a box cutter and pour it into the new container.
I like the way you think, and appreciate the response.

Looks like I wasn't just loosing my mind and took proper measures. Thanks guys.