PDA

View Full Version : Hello from San Diego

R Swanson
11-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Hello,

I'm glad to be here and have an awesome resource at my fingertips.
I have a neglected black 2005 Subaru Outback XT. Its a great car. The original owner is my wife. She bought it new and it has always been outside and sporadically washed thru those touchless automatic washers. We have since bought a minvan because we now have kids. So the car is now mine. I'm wanting to restore the paint so I have picked up all the necessary items from auto geek and borrowed my Dad's DA polisher and rotary polisher.
I feel that I'm still not fully ready because here are my challenges-
1) I have no garage. I only have a huge back yard where i could put up a canopy
2)San Diego's hard water. I'm thinking of finding thru craigs list or ebay a used Reverse osmosis / Deionizer and having it fill up a 100 gallon water tank that I would then feed to my pressure washer. I would elevate the tank to gravity feed the pressure washer. Or is that necessary? I think 100 gallons should be enough to wash a car at one time?

#1 is a problem and Im wondering if there is a way to work outside under a canopy? perhaps work in the late afternoon when it cools down?
#2 am I over thinking this? How do others deal with hard water?

Wheelzntoys
11-14-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm live in San Diego.

I use a drying water aid, spritz either DG Aquawax during drying or GG Speedshine.

Helps avoid water spots, either wash during early am or late pm.

mjlinane
11-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Welcome to AGO!

Socalautodetail
11-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Welcome to AGO.

I own a detail shop downtown San Diego and would volunteer my help and space (so long as it's on a slow day) for the correction work that you are looking to do.

Chris's FX4
11-14-2012, 07:29 PM
:welcome:

Johny B
11-14-2012, 07:42 PM
:welcome: to AGO

RMM
11-14-2012, 08:52 PM
:welcome:

R Swanson
11-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Thank you. That's kind of you. I'll pm you when I'm ready. I'm waiting on my foam pads from AG.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2