PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh I Got Sucked In!!!

scottgt
04-24-2007, 04:50 PM
well i puchased the edge 2k flat pads.....i just had to lol....but i guess its worth it..i also ordered some xmt 360...now i have all the xmt stuff yayyyy.....im going to use these next tuesday on a 1970 lemans blue camaro...im really pumped....looks like this...

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/sgs4u14/1969_Camaro_Copo_Cloner_side_1.jpg

Truls
04-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Did we mention PICS!!!!!!! of that car after your done? man......that was a nice ride.........

Lucky you

scottgt
04-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Did we mention PICS!!!!!!! of that car after your done? man......that was a nice ride.........

Lucky you

dont worry im gonna take like 100 pics...im excited

BILL
04-24-2007, 05:03 PM
what size pads??? P.C or rotary???

AL417
04-24-2007, 05:04 PM
I absolutely love muscle cars from the 60' and early 70's.:awesome:

ScottB
04-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Im like that with microfibers ... just cannot stop buying the damn things.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Corvette_Parts_003.jpg

scottgt
04-24-2007, 05:10 PM
what size pads??? P.C or rotary???

6 inch PC for now...

AUdakota
04-24-2007, 05:19 PM
holy poo kllr I thought I had a MF obsession.... have you tried any of the pakshak towels? if so how did you like em?

FloridaNative
04-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Beautiful car, man! I can't wait to see it detailed. :)

jean kelly
04-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi guys and ladies
I'm kind of a newbee ( a real amateur ) I well be starting my second detail on my 2000xj8 jaguar this weekend. I plan on using pinnacle ultra poly clay, pinnacle paintwprk cleansing lotion,sig. series 2 carnauba paste wax and black onyx tire gel on my tires. The color of the car is mistral blue ( kind of blue green). The paint work on the car is very good , almost like new. It is an every day driver ( really garage queen ). My question is do I need to do anything more than the wax. I don't mind waxing every 10 to 12 weeks.Feed back please I think autogeek is great. I can.t wait to read all the new post . You guys and gals are just the best.
jean

scottgt
04-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Hi guys and ladies
I'm kind of a newbee ( a real amateur ) I well be starting my second detail on my 2000xj8 jaguar this weekend. I plan on using pinnacle ultra poly clay, pinnacle paintwprk cleansing lotion,sig. series 2 carnauba paste wax and black onyx tire gel on my tires. The color of the car is mistral blue ( kind of blue green). The paint work on the car is very good , almost like new. It is an every day driver ( really garage queen ). My question is do I need to do anything more than the wax. I don't mind waxing every 10 to 12 weeks.Feed back please I think autogeek is great. I can.t wait to read all the new post . You guys and gals are just the best.
jean

hey..so you get more feedback...post this up on the main detaling forum...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/detailing-forum/

D
04-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi guys and ladies
jean

Depends on if you've got any swirls, scratches, paint transfer, etc. If you do, then youll need a light polish like XMT 360, XMT 1, or XMT 2. All of which can be used by hand. For paint thats in pretty good condition, and like new, Id probably go with the XMT 360 and top it with the Pinnacle sig. series II. Pictures would be great.

Nica
04-24-2007, 10:11 PM
I don't mind the Edge 2K pads, they work good. You won't regret it, you'll enjoy them.

Killer, man think you got enough microfiber towel..wow...that's lots of towels...wicked.