PDA

View Full Version : Strategies for Difficult Vehicle Lines?

ARizzle
11-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Hey there everyone,
So I was privileged to work on my friend's 2010 ML350, but had such a difficult time polishing with my Flex due to the SUV's difficult body lines. I was hoping to use the Flex for the entire car, but unfortunately, I only got to use the Flex on the roof, and the PC with a 6inch BP and a 3.5inch BP for the rest of the car, due to its body lines.

I am still an amateur learning but I was wondering what do you guys suggest is the best way to tackle curvy body lines where the Flex/PC has a tough time rotating?

Thanks!

Flash Gordon
11-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Hey there everyone,
So I was privileged to work on my friend's 2010 ML350, but had such a difficult time polishing with my Flex due to the SUV's difficult body lines. I was hoping to use the Flex for the entire car, but unfortunately, I only got to use the Flex on the roof, and the PC with a 6inch BP and a 3.5inch BP for the rest of the car, due to its body lines.

I am still an amateur learning but I was wondering what do you guys suggest is the best way to tackle curvy body lines where the Flex/PC has a tough time rotating?

Thanks!

Just roll with the body lines using the edge of your pad. It's not always possible to keep the entire pad flat on a panel. Some spots like around the license plate, doorhandles and mirrors will need to be done by hand

rider9195
11-11-2012, 06:20 PM
It'll take some practice to get use to working with curves. I know I use to have trouble with it as well but now I don't. But as Flash mentioned, some areas may need to be done by hand.