PDA

View Full Version : I give up detailing cars GOOD BYE

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SC sid
11-11-2012, 02:03 PM
I woke up this morning and had planned to detaill my car since the weather was going to be nice so i thought. the sun wouldn't budge at all i was better off washing it yesterday in the cold weather. I was going to wash,polish and then wax Everything sucked i wanted to apply polishing compound and when i didnt it wasnt aplying easily then after i polished the car i didn't notice much improvement either. Which i why i said f putting wax i give up ill just keep the interior clean and that's all :nomore:

snowking724
11-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Buh-by! Just don't sell off all your supplies, you'll be back.

AutowerxDetailing
11-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Cold weather detailing SUCKS! Find a warm garage and make it happen bro! :props:

swanicyouth
11-11-2012, 02:19 PM
I woke up this morning and had planned to detaill my car since the weather was going to be nice so i thought. the sun wouldn't budge at all i was better off washing it yesterday in the cold weather. I was going to wash,polish and then wax Everything sucked i wanted to apply polishing compound and when i didnt it wasnt aplying easily then after i polished the car i didn't notice much improvement either. Which i why i said f putting wax i give up ill just keep the interior clean and that's all :nomore:

I'm not understanding this ?

hoyt66
11-11-2012, 02:35 PM

X2

c5z06camaro
11-11-2012, 02:39 PM
X3

GTPpilot
11-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Yeah, aspire to get a garage! I was always interested in detailing the family vehicles...especially mine...but now with a garage, it's become kind of an illness. Detailing outdoors can definitely try your patience. Biggest problem with the garage is lighting.

rwright
11-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Improvise, adapt, and overcome. Failure should not be an option.

Sorry, Marine Corps birthday was yesterday and I'm still celebrating :D

Flash Gordon
11-11-2012, 03:13 PM
I don't blame you. Besides, it will just get dirty again, right?

tuscarora dave
11-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Ain't nothing easy about detailing cars. Too bad you're not near me, I'd do it for you. Take a deep breath, relax today and get back to it on another day. You've got a bunch of detailers here willing to guide you through it.

ARizzle
11-11-2012, 05:38 PM

X4

IID
11-11-2012, 05:39 PM
X's 5

Flash Gordon
11-11-2012, 05:47 PM

X2

X3

X4

X's 5

What, are you all high on crack? Let me decifer what the OP was trying to say...

"I woke up this morning, went outside and the sun stayed in the same spot all day. Yesterday was much cooler, but at least the sun was rotating as usual..."

VicVinegar
11-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Rather than start a new thread, I guess I'll use this thread to say I did things the "right" way for the first time this weekend and it turned out great.

Used Diamonite Bug Eraser with a bug sponge on the front end, 3:1 OPC on wheels and tires, washed with Duragloss 901 using a grout sponge, Mother's clay bar, Klasse AIO on everything, followed by Collinite 845 on the paint and wheels. Kept the AIO and 845 thin (tough to trust it is going on) and it paid off. Definitely have room for improvement next time, but at least the car is ready for its first winter now. I had a hard time leaving the garage since I wanted to keep staring at it.

Thanks to the many threads on here I read through on these products.

FUNX650
11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
"I woke up this morning, went outside and the sun stayed in the same spot all day."

Thanks for reminding me of the following scripture Flash!! :xyxthumbs:

(Perhaps the OP is a modern-day Prophet...:dunno: )

Ecclesiasticus 46:4...(By referencing Joshua 10:12-14)
-Answers the question of when did the Sun stand still.

Joshua 10:12...
-Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before
the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon;
and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.

:13
-And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon
their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven,
and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

:14
-And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto
the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

Bob